Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mediashare Is Out

Post Mediashare Is Out
    MediaShare is out in appstore and on sale for 99 cents. Many of you have asked me for an app like this so now is your chance to get it.
    What is MediaShare?

Most modern mobile phones allow you to transfer your media (videos/pictures etc) to other phones over Bluetooth. While the iPhone has Bluetooth, it doesnít support file transfers. This is a shame because the iPhone is arguably the best media player on the market, itís high resolution widescreen aspect ratio leaves other phones in the dust. But you still canít share that funny video clip with your buddiesÖ

Thatís where MediaShare comes in. MediaShare lets you transfer your favorite clips onto your device over Wi-Fi and then share them at super-high wi-fi speeds with friends on the same network. MediaShare uses the same file-sharing protocol in TextGuru making it completely compatible with their Mac and Windows FileServer apps (more info here).

MediaShare currently supports the following formats (with more to come):

* M4V, MOV, MP4, MPV and 3GP video files
    * PNG, TIFF, TGA and JPG picture files

The $0.99 promo is planned to run for the next 7 days, after which the price will be raised back to the original $2.99.

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

can this do iPhone to iPhone? Do they both need this app?

Is it like Drop copy? I use that to transfer all kinds of files between to iPhones over wifi on the same network, including .cbz files. Both phones need to be running DropCopy. Oddly enough, the appstore version is compatible with the old jailbreak version.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

ooh fun times. getting it now
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...