Results 1 to 11 of 11

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Stack

  1. #1
    Default Stack
    Stack is out for 2.x.x Today and i can't believe i'm the first one to post it.!


    MMi ownz!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to starfreak For This Useful Post:

    AKay724 (09-28-2008)

  3. #2
    Haha, glad you like it.

    -S

  4. #3
    I like the stack app, very simple to use and works nice and quick, no lag.

    Now all we need is multiple stacks, represented by icons, so like a hybrid of categories and stack, so all your games can pop out of one stack, and all your apps out of another.

    That would be Sweeeeeeeet

  5. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada Ontario
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    I can't seem to get stacks to work i dont see anything on the bottom right corner?

    i just tried on my ipod touch and it worked but not on my iphone both have firmware 2.1 installed but i have kate installed on my iphone could that be the issue?
    Last edited by iChopPryde; 09-28-2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #5
    iPhoneaholic kwall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 40 Times in 32 Posts

    i love your work man just a small question / request can you move the settings into the Settings app as the gear in the stack gets annoying (bumping it by mistake)

    otherwise superb job with this

  7. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada Ontario
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kwall View Post
    i love your work man just a small question / request can you move the settings into the Settings app as the gear in the stack gets annoying (bumping it by mistake)

    otherwise superb job with this
    I agree and please make this work with Kate

    Edit:

    Well I decided didn't feel like waiting and thought it was the right time to try intelliscreen instead of kate, well for what i noticed im loving intelliscreen feel like my iphone loads even faster now and i just installed 5 icon dock from cydia and i got all the great features i once had, taskbar notifications, 5 icon dock, supressed sms and now stacks working ^_^ hehe
    Last edited by iChopPryde; 09-28-2008 at 11:41 PM.

  8. #7
    okay, so stack is AWESOME, and you can finally add files to and from it easily, which is a big update. BIG PROPS to the dev of this for porting to 2.x.x. That said, the one bug that is nasty and noticable imediately (and mentioned in the cydia description even) is that the stack icon doesn't play nicely with the other dock icons yet. having a four dock icon doesn't yield the most attractive results (see the first pic below). the cydia description recommends having only 2 other icons on your dock while using stack (see the second pic below). 2 other icons? a three icon dock? personally, i'm used to 5 icons now (thank you Saurik), and if stack is supposed to be beefing up the dock's usefullness, then a 3 icon dock seems a bit counter-productive IMHO (and really looks kinda bad, even though the stack interface itself is so elegant). SO. enter the temp solution until the next update: a blank.app space filler as the fourth spot on your dock. it will actually reside UNDER the stack and not interfere with normal operation, just make your dock and stack sit proper! (see result in the third pic below)

    1. download blank.zip and unzip to black.app
    2. ssh blank.app into /applications/ and respring (bossprefs is handy for a respring)
    3. you can test that you actually HAVE the blank.app space filler by clicking to open it (it will likely be sitting in the first open slot available on the springboard. so after the last icon on your first page, assuming you had an open spot on your first page). it will open, and then just go back to springboard. another way is to just click and hold in the seemingly blank spot, and if all your icons start jiggling, then you know you were pushing an invisible app icon.
    4. install stack and respring if you haven't already. then pull icons off the dock, leaving only the two icons you want to sit left most when finished and the stack.
    5. drag the black.app to the third spot right next to the stack. you'll see your two icons shift over a bit as a third sits down next to them.
    6. now drag the other app you want on the dock to the same third spot, pushing black.app under the stack icon, and at the same time making your 3 chosen dock icons sit correctly with stack in the 4th icon position! viola!

    if this helped you, hit my little thanks button!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0006.png   -img_0004.png   -img_0005.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by b3nny; 09-29-2008 at 12:51 AM.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to b3nny For This Useful Post:

    starfreak (10-18-2008)

  10. #8
    Default Stacks and 5 Icon Dock - do they work together
    Does Stacks and 5 Icon Dock play together? Will the "stack" be moved over to the 5th spot or stuck in between 4 and 5?

    Thanks

    Doug

  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dougshepard View Post
    Does Stacks and 5 Icon Dock play together? Will the "stack" be moved over to the 5th spot or stuck in between 4 and 5?

    Thanks

    Doug
    Stacks really only work with 2 icon docks (plus the stack). Annoyingly, sometimes dock icons hide behind the stack and make them hard to move.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!

  12. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,826
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by b3nny View Post
    okay, so stack is AWESOME, and you can finally add files to and from it easily, which is a big update. BIG PROPS to the dev of this for porting to 2.x.x. That said, the one bug that is nasty and noticable imediately (and mentioned in the cydia description even) is that the stack icon doesn't play nicely with the other dock icons yet. having a four dock icon doesn't yield the most attractive results (see the first pic below). the cydia description recommends having only 2 other icons on your dock while using stack (see the second pic below). 2 other icons? a three icon dock? personally, i'm used to 5 icons now (thank you Saurik), and if stack is supposed to be beefing up the dock's usefullness, then a 3 icon dock seems a bit counter-productive IMHO (and really looks kinda bad, even though the stack interface itself is so elegant). SO. enter the temp solution until the next update: a blank.app space filler as the fourth spot on your dock. it will actually reside UNDER the stack and not interfere with normal operation, just make your dock and stack sit proper! (see result in the third pic below)

    1. download blank.zip and unzip to black.app
    2. ssh blank.app into /applications/ and respring (bossprefs is handy for a respring)
    3. you can test that you actually HAVE the blank.app space filler by clicking to open it (it will likely be sitting in the first open slot available on the springboard. so after the last icon on your first page, assuming you had an open spot on your first page). it will open, and then just go back to springboard. another way is to just click and hold in the seemingly blank spot, and if all your icons start jiggling, then you know you were pushing an invisible app icon.
    4. install stack and respring if you haven't already. then pull icons off the dock, leaving only the two icons you want to sit left most when finished and the stack.
    5. drag the black.app to the third spot right next to the stack. you'll see your two icons shift over a bit as a third sits down next to them.
    6. now drag the other app you want on the dock to the same third spot, pushing black.app under the stack icon, and at the same time making your 3 chosen dock icons sit correctly with stack in the 4th icon position! viola!

    if this helped you, hit my little thanks button!!
    I use a blank app that I downloaded in Cydia. There is no reason to SSH this way for those of you that do not know how.

  13. #11
    I actually created a folder icon (with Categories) called "Stacks" with a dark icon and put that in the far right spot. But I tried installing Five Icon Dock and the "stack" didn't move so it overlaps the 4th icon a bit, but not a big deal I guess (kind of ugly).

    Too bad the stack can't be moved and also too bad you can't have multiple stacks.

    Thanks

    Doug

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •