Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.3 Released

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iOS 4.3 Released

As forecast (despite a hiccup or two along the way) Apple just released iOS 4.3 for all devices except the Verizon iPhone and AppleTV. Announced during last week's iPad 2 event, iOS 4.3 was originally scheduled to be released on Friday when the iPad 2 ships. Coincidentally or not, Charlie Miller - three-time winner of the Pwn2Own competition - announced yesterday he had found an exploit in the 4.3 golden master.

Included in the release are some fixes and enhancements including the Nitro JavaScript engine to improve Safari Web browsing speeds, extension of AirPlay support to all apps, and the Personal Hotspot used on the Verizon iPhone. There's also also improvements to iTunes Home Sharing, which allows users to access all of their content directly over wireless connections.

In response to popular demand, Apple added a Settings option to iOS 4.3 that allows users to select whether the hardware switch on the side of the iPad will be used to mute the device or lock the orientation. There was a strong negative reaction when Apple changed the switch to from orientation lock to audio mute.

It's not clear why Apple chose to release 4.3 today rather than waiting for the iPad 2 to ship on Friday. Apple has been pushing a slew of upgrades into the pipeline recently, including security patches to iTunes and Safari. With CanSecWest opening today, it's hard not to wonder if there might be some connection. Charlie Miller, who is hoping to pull off a four-peat in Vancouver this year, noted last night that he had found a vulnerability in the Mobile Safari browser on the iOS 4.3 GM. Pwn2Own devices and computers were "frozen" two weeks ago, but Apple would presumably like to claim any vulnerabilities had been fixed after that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

Why would they release it so soon if there is a vulnerability in Safari? Don't they beta test these things out for a reason?
    "Time circuits on...flux capacitor...(gulp)...fluxing"
    Please read again I only give one warning - thanks!

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

dude, nick beat you to it lol both are good posts lol

btw for anyone wondering, this is the exact same as the GM, so there is no need to download this version
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

I think I'll update this time around mainly for the safari update but wait for the jailbreak ofcourse. I'm still on 4.1.

Just updated my old 3GS as a test to 4.3.
    I can already see that the phone is laggin in some menus now.

Its like the 4.0 killer update that did the same for 3G.
    looks like, the same kind of crap is about to hit the 3GS...

can someone confirm this slowness?

UPDATE: did a side my side test of Safari of the 3GS on 4.3 and my iphone 4 on 4.2.1.
    on the same wifi network....

Iphone 4 safari is still faster!!! even on 4.2.1. Nitro safari my butt
    Last edited by alirz; 03-09-2011 at 12:37 PM.

where is the UNLOCK ? 4.3 RELEASED people...
    UNLOCK PLEASE....................please dont tell me that this was a joke again about UNLOCK.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone4idiots's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    UNLOCK PLEASE....................please dont tell me that this was a joke again about UNLOCK.
    yes, its been a few hours. Why isn't there an unlock yet.

Haha, good grief man. Show some patience. I'm hoping the jb is out before the end of the month.

Am I correct that Shatter is finally going to be used?
    I thought my carrier was bad til I got a new web host

Your impatience is the only joke. How about creating your own jailbreak/unlock if you want it now? Kthxbye!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,329 Times in 7,032 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iphone4idiots View Post
    yes, its been a few hours. Why isn't there an unlock yet.

Haha, good grief man. Show some patience. I'm hoping the jb is out before the end of the month.

Am I correct that Shatter is finally going to be used?
    No, there is no need for SHAtter

??? Wow you are just a spoiled brat. Don't demand for unlock when you do not understand the work behind it. You're not paying the dev team to come up with an unlock. If you want it badly, don't upgrade.

Exploit for 4.3 already found ayyy, can't wait to jailbreak my iPad2
    I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone4idiots's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    No, there is no need for SHAtter
    Wait so they can still use whatever hole they found with greenpois0n and are gonna hold Shatter for iPhone 5? That's good news - the more holes the better
    I thought my carrier was bad til I got a new web host

So is this exploit in safari something that could be used for a future jailbreakme.com jailbreak?
    Last edited by kraziebone; 03-09-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Wait so they can still use whatever hole they found with greenpois0n and are gonna hold Shatter for iPhone 5? That's good news - the more holes the better
    Nope, only reason greenpois0n was released was because the hole was fixed in the 4.3 betas
    I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,329 Times in 7,032 Posts

I say no need for SHAtter because the limera1n exploit is still good and fully working. They are both the same type of exploit (bootrom and tethered).

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

iphone4idiots (03-09-2011)

Does anyone know when iOS 4.3 is coming to the Verizon iPhone?

How do use hotspot I can't find it

Hopefully there is still a hole in iOS 4.3 somewhere. If not ups 4.2 is good enough for me lol. Till iOS 5 haha. In which case I'll be upgrading to the iPhone 5 anyways haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
    Exploit for 4.3 already found ayyy, can't wait to jailbreak my iPad2
    Ahh dude me neither I'm on the edge of my seat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast