Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The iPad is now chargable from a computer

Default The iPad is now chargable from a computer
    Well it's a happy day for you iPad users, today ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI have released a fix that will enable you to charge via USB. This wasn't possible before because the low power USB ports were not liked by the iPad for some reason. As you would assume, they did build these drivers for their own hardware but there is a fix in the video below (mostly for Sony VAIO machines like my own).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJeGt5fe7e8]YouTube - Charge the iPad from any computer ![/ame]

Enjoy now being able to charge your iPad via USB

Please post questions in this thread, thank you.

Question Dell XPS 420
    Hey there. Hope im right here.
    I have a Dell XPS 420 Bios V. A07. Is there a way to get USB charging the iPad to work too?
    Sorry for my newbie questions and thanks in advance for your help.

Is it me or is the video just showing a bloke plugging in iPad to as much as he can and not showing the fix or link to fix??

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

Great post! I have an MSI board and this works for me!!

So how's it work then. Can see it does for this bloke (or Gal) but what about sharing the approach??

What do you mean? It's simply a bios update. You can try it on your pc/laptop, but at your own risk. If your motherboard is in fact from asus or any of the others that released the update, then you are good. However, if your motherboard is not from them, it may work, or it may fudge it all to brownies. Ya dig?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

I noticed my acer laptop does indeed charge my iPad. It says not charging but I left it plugged in for a few hours and the battery said it was at like 82%. After I came back and unplugged it the battery was at 100%. It was slow as heck but hey, at least it charged it.