+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 3G jailbroken. Spirit Storm imminent.

is a discussion within the

Member Written iPad News

forums, a part of the

iPad News

section;
Just minutes ago, iPhone Dev Team member @MuscleNerd demonstrated that iPad 3G doesn't have any differences to the W-Fi model in terms of holes for jailbreaking via. the upcoming Spirit
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Exclamation iPad 3G jailbroken. Spirit Storm imminent.
    Just minutes ago, iPhone Dev Team member @MuscleNerd demonstrated that iPad 3G doesn't have any differences to the W-Fi model in terms of holes for jailbreaking via. the upcoming Spirit jailbreak by @Comex.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFmy1rolqpw]YouTube - iPad 3G just as hackable as iPad Wifi[/ame]

Comex has stated in a previous tweet that the only possible delay for Spirit is that iPad 3G will fix the exploit. Now that this problem has been sorted, there's no reason to deny the possibility that Spirit may not pop up in the next few hours.

The iPhone Dev Team has posted a blog entry to encourage you to back up your SHSHs, as the jailbreak is coming imminently.

Bring on the Spirit Storm!

Thanks

iPad cydia looks nice
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    UPDATE:

@Comex has just confirmed on IRC that Spirit will be released tomorrow. Back up your SHSHs and hold onto your hats, people!

Thanks

this is in the front new already
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

Finally everybody can get their panties out there asses. This is going to be the longest night ever.

Thanks

I just hope everyone backs up their SHSHs this time or we'll eventually be flooded at some point with, 'How do I downgrade/jailbreak/unlock...I don't have my SHSH stored' posts.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Instuctions for those who have a mac and want to backup with Firmware Umbrella

Download Firmware Umbrella. Open up the DMG inside, open the app, leave it open.

Now you have to put your iPad in recovery mode (don’t worry you can bring it out without having to restore or lose any data). To do this unplug your iPad, hold down the home button, and while still holding it plug it back in. Keep holding it until the iTunes logo shows up.

Now open up “System Profiler” and head over to USB (sidebar). Click on where it says “Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode)”. At the bottom a lot of numbers will appear, but look towards the right where it says “ECID” followed by 16 numbers. Copy those.

You can take your iPad out of recovery mode now, just press and hold the power and home buttons for 10 seconds and it’ll boot back up.

Go back to Umbrella and copy the ECID, choose iPad for the device, and submit to the Apple repository, and then change it over to the “saurik” repo (this might take a few seconds as the server is beingbombed right now)
    Last edited by ebrunn; 04-30-2010 at 07:39 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrunn View Post
    Instuctions for those who have a mac and want to backup with Firmware Umbrella

I ran umbrella and it says under status saved, but i cannot find it nowhere i know it says it will be in the same umbrella file, but it is not there
    did i have to change the etc hosts? before running umbrella
    please help i really want my blobs or shsh

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I backed up on apple and saurik but have no idea what I did. Lol. Just gonna follow suit and listen to the experts. Exactly where are the files and if I ever need the backup, how do I get them back and what do I do with it? Sorry for sounding ignorant.