Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! MY macbook freezxes and wont load -_-

Default Help! MY macbook freezxes and wont load -_-
    Ok , so My MacBook turns on , gets the apple logo , then the spinning thingy , then a bar , thats empty . . . then it does this for about 2 mins ,then just shuts off . . -_- What can I do ! and to top it all off my macbook battery is like stuck in the computer -_____- Fml . . D; , anyway , I need help! I have tried a lot of things , Its a school computer so it doesnt have the disc thingys or anything , I need help , PLEASE D; Pluus I dont know the "Admin" password -_-

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

To do any repairs or reset the admin password, you have to have your discs. Sorry.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mpdog295 View Post
    Ok , so My MacBook turns on , gets the apple logo , then the spinning thingy , then a bar , thats empty . . . then it does this for about 2 mins ,then just shuts off . . -_- What can I do ! and to top it all off my macbook battery is like stuck in the computer -_____- Fml . . D; , anyway , I need help! I have tried a lot of things , Its a school computer so it doesnt have the disc thingys or anything , I need help , PLEASE D; Pluus I dont know the "Admin" password -_-
    By "school computer" do you mean, a computer belonging to you that you bought and use at school?
    If this, go to the people you bought it from and ask them where to get replacement "disc thingys".
    They should be able to help.

Or do you mean, a computer belonging to the school that they let you use?
    If this, take your computer back to school and tell them "its broken" and let them fix it for you.

Or do you mean something else?
    Last edited by raduga; 10-09-2011 at 05:08 PM.

I would first take it to the school's IT department.

It sounds like an issue with the hard drive. Either bad sectors or it can't find the OS.

You can try to boot into single user mode by holding command + s at startup. Once you get root:/ type fsck -fy

This will attempt to fix any inconsistencies in the file system. It will give you a report of if the drive can be repaired or not

Good luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Vm0n3y For This Useful Post:

raduga (10-12-2011)