Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What MacBook are you getting?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default What MacBook are you getting?
    Just wanted to see what MacBook you all want to get!

To me, as far as VALUE, it seems the upper model of the MacBook is best... the Pro is just overpriced without much improvements over the upper model of the MacBook
    Last edited by sziklassy; 10-14-2008 at 04:09 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Same. Plus since I NEVER turn my computer off, it's always hibernating, all I'd have to do to make "my" Macbook BETTER than the MSh*tPro, is get some overclocking software, and overclock my RAM and CPU and I'd get something much faster. Plus since it's smaller, it's more portable, less bulky, cooler, (and everything you can think of)

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Just wanted to see what MacBook you all want to get!

To me, as far as VALUE, it seems the upper model of the MacBook is best... the Pro is just overpriced without much improvements over the upper model of the MacBook
    Have to disagree with you here. the MB is a good system but don't fool yourself if your doing intense graphics work the MBP with its separate graphics card will leave the MB behind. You also get a considerably higher quality screen.

That being said the MB is a great little computer thats great at general everyday tasks. And a reasonably good value, depending on what you need it to do.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i got the 2.0 with 4 gigs of ram.

only thing i wish it had was the lit screen.

i think its a great value compared to what i had paid MUCH more for my VAIO. same size screen, fireport!, smaller hg, much less ram.

also with the 256mb video card, you can't go wrong!

I just wish i knew much more about how to use osx, but i'm learning.

Thanks

If I could get a Pro, I would, but a 2.8 4GB Pro is just too much...

I like to edit video and photoshop and stuff, all of which I do on my 1.83/1GB RAM Qosmio fine right now, so I figure a 13" 2.4/4GB RAM MacBook will do for me... I just don't know when I'm going to get it.

Also, I'll probably play some of the OSX games (NFS and what not), as well as try to make Halo/H2 run via BootCamp, which I think it should be able to handle despite the integrated card.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

I have chosen the lowest MacBook as my next computer; I know for sure I won't game on it (or any Mac for that matter), which leaves me to deal with work, music and videos. Don't mind not having a backlit keyboard.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Default New to Mac
    I just bought my first Apple computer. I got a MB 2.0 GHz Intel, 2g ram and 160g harddrive. Still trying to figure out how to use it. I have been MS only for too many years.