Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I just Realized a big Problem about the new MacBook!

Thanks

Default I just Realized a big Problem about the new MacBook!
    So the new macBooks are sealed together with no screws... How are you supposed to repair the damn thing? Upgrade the Harddrive Impossible! Do a self Repair Impossible too!
    WHat do you think about this is it a deal breaker?
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I suppose thats where the sales of extended warrentys will increase lol

And same will go for upgrades i will imagine.

Does sound kind of silly not giving any sort of access.

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

Thanks

I have the new macbook, and have replaced both the hard drive and the memory. It was very simple to do so, as both are conveniently located under the battery casing. All you need to do is remove 3 little screws.

Thanks

the voice of reason

Apple wouldn't be that dumb as to make the MacBook so upgrade/repair unfriendly.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I just Realized a big Problem about the new MacBook!
    No you didn't.

It's called intelligent design, where things such as bulky screws, seams, and other nonsenses are eliminated with the use of contemporary computer aided design and a new way to do things are established. It eliminates the eyesores and brings in a better way to do assemble and manufacture products. It is likely even more accessible now than ever by popping the keyboard out to reveal the electronics, if I had to guess.

The amount of money saved on just the hardware alone they are not using (millions of screws, cutting multiple pieces and stocking them for sales) will cut expenses in the build process by a minimum of 18%.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i'm sure everything will pop apart with the right tools and techniques if this is the case.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

1 piece doesn't mean one solid piece, it means the topcase is milled out of one piece.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I have the new macbook, and have replaced both the hard drive and the memory. It was very simple to do so, as both are conveniently located under the battery casing. All you need to do is remove 3 little screws.
    how did you get it before it came out?
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Thanks

Ok, I have the newest Macbook currently available. And its internal design hasn't changed since it came out. I don't see Apple now changing it to make upgrades impossible for the consumer. That would simply dig into their profit margin.

You're right, the only screws are three teeny ones underneath just so you can access ram and HDD, it's still technically one piece. The whole idea of a "perfectly screwless brick" is nonsense. I got to see it from one of the Mac dudes in Charlotte. Apple would be dumbasses because if that wasn't the case, it would cost them so much money to fix it.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Yeah, as with any of Apple's products....with a little sweat and know-how, you can do just as much to it as they can

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Wow... he just got pwned by 3 mods and one1 (should be mod) haha.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Just an update, I was looking at the new macbook manual on apples site and under the battery there are plenty of screws. Most common things, like the hard drive and memory are easy to change/ replace.
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

I am using a new Macbook right now, and can tell you that changing the battery and hard drive are so easy now, even the original poster could do it. There is a small spring loaded lever on the bottom that you push in on and the bottom 1/4 of the case opens up to reveal both the HDD and the battery. Both are removed by pulling a pull-tab that lifts them up and out of the case. To replace them, you just do the reverse. Easier than ever, and the keyboard does not pop out. It is installed from the back, so there is no top access at all. There are 4 screws along the top edge of the bottom along the screen hinge and 3 or 4 more under the HDD and battery. Once you remove those, and unhook the screen connector, and board screws from the chassis, the whole thing lifts out on one piece. It's almost as easy to upgrade as a PC.