Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
10-14-2013, 12:35 AM #1Macbook Pro not connecting to Home Wi-Fi but connects to work Wi-Fi
I am using Macbook Pro with Mac OS X 10.8.5. My Macbook is suddenly not getting wireless internet connection from my Wireless Router (It is connected to my Wi-Fi though). All other devices (iPhone, iPad, Windows PC) are connected to the same Router and have internet access without any problem. Same Macbook works fine with the Wi-Fi at work but having problem connecting to internet with Wi-Fi at home.
Well, I have been looking for the solution to this problem for a week now. Here is what I have already tried
- Zapped PRAM (didnít work)
- Deleted System Configuration Folder in /Library/Preferences/ (didnít work)
- Removed Network connections and tried adding them again in Wi-Fi Advanced Settings (didnít work).
- Tried Appleís Wireless Diagnostics (didnít work)
- Tried Wireless Assistant (didnít work)
- Tried creating new locations (didnít work)
- Tried deleting and adding Wi-Fi service (didnít work)
- Reset Router (didnít work)
- Changed security setting in Router from WPA2 to open (didnít work)
- Tried dscacheutil - flushcache
The only thing works is changing DNS server to 220.127.116.11 from default (192.168.1.1 which is greyed out). It works but speed is very slow which is already very annoying.
Need suggestions on what to do in this regard?iPhone 4
Firmware : iOS4
Carrier : Softbank (Japan)
Jailbroken using Jailbreakme
10-14-2013, 04:40 PM #2
Is your router firmware up-to-date? What router do you have? D-Link, Linksys? Is it one provided by your ISP? What model version? What firmware?Until the next timeÖ And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!