+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: would this work?

is a discussion within the

Macbook Pro

forums, a part of the

Laptops

section;
Wow, this is getting complicated... A stand-alone installer of 10.6 will work on any system. Since you are at 10.8, the firmware updates that are part of normal updating may
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, this is getting complicated...

A stand-alone installer of 10.6 will work on any system. Since you are at 10.8, the firmware updates that are part of normal updating may not allow for booting on older OS installers. I've had to install a system on one machine and then clone the drive to an older Mac.

It might be easer to install a system on an external drive and use that as a utility partition. You have a huge extra bunch of options then. I have several drives I use for this purpose.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Finally it was done. The issue was I wasn't using my orignal installation disk I didn't know I had one so I had to dig up my box the mbp came in and it was there. And instead of waiting to fix my DVD drive I just created a .dmg of it and compressed it and split it into 2 files on my dads windows laptop and then transferred it over to my Mac. Then I made 2 extra partitions one to erase and add the contents of the sl.dmg and one where it will be installed and it worked. I'm now just letting my mbp sit while I'm transferring over my important files. After a day of time all together I finally pulled it off and time for a good nights rest! :P

Thanks

Sounds like you need it! Good job!

Thanks

Thanks
    Hm deleted the partition now of my mountain lion, but can't seem to find out how to take the space it occupied and just give it to my snow leopard partition so then it'll really be the main one.

Would restoring or erasing the partition with mountain lion it with my snow leopard partition work? Atm the old partition with ML is sitting in DU as free space after removing it.
    Last edited by Prox; 04-06-2013 at 10:05 AM.
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

Thanks

Well that worked well now my next issue is my new hard drive and not a working DVD drive. I'm thinking of a hard drive usb converter. I would go for a external to be even safer but unfourtantely I can't spend the extra money on it.

Changed my mind, I'm just going to get the ram and when I get my next check ill get myself another HD, and a external. From what I've been reading of the converters they don't work really good and can be dangerous.
    Last edited by Prox; 04-08-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Thanks

You can get external 2.5" enclosures for cheap. I use a USB adapter, but only for quick connections. Best to get an enclosure/case.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12