So I am currently able to buy a macbook this weekend and was definitely thinking about the 13 inch (i think 15 inch is too big for me). I use my computer for school, documents, and occasional gaming (Heroes of Newerth, CS, DOTA2 etc). I have an old Dell Studio 14 i7 8 gigs ram now and am looking to get rid of it/upgrade.

I am looking at the $1399 model
2.9 ghz 2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7
Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
8GB 1600MHz memory
750GB 5400-rpm hard drive1
Intel HD Graphics 4000

There's a $90 128 ssd upgrade which i think is definitely NOT ENOUGH space for anyone or anything and the 256 upgrade is another $300 bucks which is definitely out of my budget. So i'm keeping the 750 gig hard drive.

The ONLY thing worrying me is the Intel HD graphics 4000. I KNOW it's weak, but how weak? Will it run the games i play smoothly (even on low settings?). Please let me know or give me advice if you have this computer w/ these specs and play these games. Im assuming if it handles these games, it will definitely handle all my documents and school work.

Another thing i could do, which is tempting, is wait for the 13 inch retina displays to release. I just don't know when that will be or how much they will cost. I plan on spending max of $1500 ish and that's it. I feel like i Don't utilize a computer enough to spend over $1500 on it and I don't know if i will wait 2-3 more months for a new laptop to release because it PROBABLY won't even be in my price range.

Please let me know, all the reviews i've read are the "lower" end of the macbook 13 inch with the 1.5 ghz and 4 gigs ram. Any suggestion is appreciated!