Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Choices

Default Choices
    Im finally moving over to osx from windows 7

I currently got a good deal on two mbps

A 2011 13" MBP i5 sandy bridge 4gig, 320gig hd (i think its the lower end mbp)

And

A 2010 15" i5 MBP, 4gig, 500gig hd

Im leaning towards the 15" because of the screen size. Just wondering if thats the right choice. Let me know. Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Seeing as how you have not told us what your overall computing needs are it's not possible to make a buying suggestion. What will you be using your laptop for? Will you be mobile a lot? Do you have a budget? Etc.

I actually see very little dofference between my 13 and 15 in MBP's. I say het the 13"

Im using it for web/graphic design.

One is sandy bridge the other isnt.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Based on that alone I would say the bigger the better for any kind of design work.

Unless he expects to use it with an external display (when actually DOING design work).
    Because otherwise, 13" would make no sense at all. Even 15" is tiny.

LAmike: if you're looking for a portable workstation that you don't plan to use on the road, possibly you might want to consider a Mac Mini instead? Should be a lot more bang for your buck, and it will run cooler and more stable for long-term intensive use. Downside is, you can't use it on the road.

But between two MBP...
    the 15" will be a lot more usable as-is.
    The 13" will probably last longer before its battery fails.

AppleCare might still be available for the 13"? If you're expecting to do serious work on the machine,
    this could be a Good Thing, indeed.

Well, I went with the MBP 13" with the thunderbolt. I love it but i am not too fond of the screen size.

Before my switch, I used a Sony Vaio 16.4" and thought it was perfect. 13" is not doing it for me. Might re-sell it, dang it.

Anybody want to trade their 15" 2010 mbp for my 2011 13" mbp? lol