Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New mac?

Smile New mac?
    to cut the long story short i have a windows laptop about 3 years old(a few hardware upgrades inbetween) no problems whatsoever except for the battery life and the fact that i need a change,this im deciding to buy either an ipad 2 or a new mac book pro for when im travelling so here are some factors ive considered
    IPAD 2
    for:
    1.angry birds,infinityblade
    2.long battery life (10 hours compared to my 3gs and 4 not lasting a day and a half at most)
    3.movies when travelling
    4.light web browsing and im
    5.Garage band
    6.Highly portable

Against:
    1.low format support for videos (mkvs...)
    2.i have iphone`s
    3.below satisfactory cameras(which i wont use but sure to get better next gen)
    4.no retina disp.(woulda bought one in a heart beat)

MBP,15 inch
    For
    1.windows is geting stale atm (ive never had any viruses in a while that i couldnt fix and yes ive used/using ubuntu and i wont hackintosh because i simply dont care to)
    2.higher battery life (maybe?)
    3.the 2011 model bought in some hardware upgrades considering my laptop is 3 years old
    Against:
    1.pricy
    2.ssds are still not standard (add to the price again)

my questions are which is a better option and if its the mbp which variant of the 15 incher and also is bootcamp windows trouble free
    (ps:i will be using photoshop cs5 and other software of that sort),what software comes preinstalled....

Thank you

PM me if u think my sigs nice

Quote Originally Posted by Evilsaint View Post
    to cut the long story short i have a windows laptop about 3 years old(a few hardware upgrades inbetween) no problems whatsoever except for the battery life and the fact that i need a change,this im deciding to buy either an ipad 2 or a new mac book pro for when im travelling so here are some factors ive considered
    IPAD 2
    for:
    1.angry birds,infinityblade
    2.long battery life (10 hours compared to my 3gs and 4 not lasting a day and a half at most)
    3.movies when travelling
    4.light web browsing and im
    5.Garage band
    6.Highly portable

Against:
    1.low format support for videos (mkvs...)
    2.i have iphone`s
    3.below satisfactory cameras(which i wont use but sure to get better next gen)
    4.no retina disp.(woulda bought one in a heart beat)

MBP,15 inch
    For
    1.windows is geting stale atm (ive never had any viruses in a while that i couldnt fix and yes ive used/using ubuntu and i wont hackintosh because i simply dont care to)
    2.higher battery life (maybe?)
    3.the 2011 model bought in some hardware upgrades considering my laptop is 3 years old
    Against:
    1.pricy
    2.ssds are still not standard (add to the price again)

my questions are which is a better option and if its the mbp which variant of the 15 incher and also is bootcamp windows trouble free
    (ps:i will be using photoshop cs5 and other software of that sort),what software comes preinstalled....

Thank you
    MacBook pro is a better choice yes it is a bit more pricy but for what you are doin it a better choice all in all.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    MacBook pro is a better choice yes it is a bit more pricy but for what you are doin it a better choice all in all.
    i actually dont mind the premium if its well worth it.
    on a side note does anyone think i should wait and year for the mac while buying the ipad this time and vice versa

Well both just got a refresh with in the last month. If you can afford the pro you would be better off. They refresh everything every year. But the specs on the pro are pretty amazing. You could spend a little more money get the SSd and everything you want you will be able to keep it a while. Heck I know people using g4 MacBooks

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Lol,i heard about the refresh i think ill be holding out on the ssds for now cant justify spending 1200 on a 512 atm ill get the 500 faster one instead and wait for a while till the cost go down any idea when osx lion comes out?

I am guesss mid summer june/july