Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
02-08-2011, 09:24 AM #1Macbook pro or Macbook Air? Decisions!!
I am travelling to New York tomorrow (Wednesday 9th Frebruary) and I am going to buy myself either a Macbook pro or Macbook air! Orginally I was set on getting myself the 13 inch pro! Until today when I saw here iClarified - Apple News - Best Buy Lists New MacBook Pros With March 11th Release Date that the 13 inch model may be getting updated! Now if thats the case then I would rather spend my money on the 13 inch air as it has already had a major update! I am a student and need the computer for my computer course. I will probably have to dual boot windows on it so I can run oracle and other software! Will the macbook air be good enough? Or should I stick with the pro and hope they only update the harddrive to solid state (because that doesn't really bother me!)
Thanks JoshSignature cleaned...
02-08-2011, 09:38 AM #2
Wait for the pro. It will only be a little longer. The air won't have enough power and space for you to run windows and other large files.
Plus, wrong section.
02-08-2011, 09:54 AM #3
Ok, yeah I did think that the air wouldn't have the spec's to do what I needed it to! Now I the decision about the pro! I guess its a gamble! And sorry if its the wrong section!Signature cleaned...
02-08-2011, 10:11 AM #4
Just wait a couple months. That's what I did to get the i5 models.
02-10-2011, 05:44 PM #5
Agreed! Wait it out and you will be happier in the end!
02-10-2011, 08:39 PM #6
You would fair better by buying the current Pro or waiting a little while longer for the next version. Or, paying 1/5 of the price for a PC netbook and slapping Snow Leopard on it if you truly are interested in a netbook.