Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Macbook pro or Macbook Air? Decisions!!

Exclamation Macbook pro or Macbook Air? Decisions!!
    Hello,
    I am travelling to New York tomorrow (Wednesday 9th Frebruary) and I am going to buy myself either a Macbook pro or Macbook air! Orginally I was set on getting myself the 13 inch pro! Until today when I saw here iClarified - Apple News - Best Buy Lists New MacBook Pros With March 11th Release Date that the 13 inch model may be getting updated! Now if thats the case then I would rather spend my money on the 13 inch air as it has already had a major update! I am a student and need the computer for my computer course. I will probably have to dual boot windows on it so I can run oracle and other software! Will the macbook air be good enough? Or should I stick with the pro and hope they only update the harddrive to solid state (because that doesn't really bother me!)
    Thanks Josh
    Signature cleaned...

Wait for the pro. It will only be a little longer. The air won't have enough power and space for you to run windows and other large files.

Plus, wrong section.

Twitter: @tshoults

Ok, yeah I did think that the air wouldn't have the spec's to do what I needed it to! Now I the decision about the pro! I guess its a gamble! And sorry if its the wrong section!
    Signature cleaned...

Just wait a couple months. That's what I did to get the i5 models.

Twitter: @tshoults

Agreed! Wait it out and you will be happier in the end!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You would fair better by buying the current Pro or waiting a little while longer for the next version. Or, paying 1/5 of the price for a PC netbook and slapping Snow Leopard on it if you truly are interested in a netbook.