+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Questions about buying a Macbook

is a discussion within the

Macbook Pro

forums, a part of the

Laptops

section;
I am in the market for a macbook pro, but have some questions about specs, hardware, etc. Is there a macbook pro that does not have shared memory as far
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Questions about buying a Macbook
    I am in the market for a macbook pro, but have some questions about specs, hardware, etc.

Is there a macbook pro that does not have shared memory as far as the videocard goes? I would prefer it to not have to use shared memory.

Do I have to buy new hardware to work with the Mac or can I use my current printers and camera docks that I use with Windows?

Which program is best suited for running Windows 7 virtually? I am considering just running a dual boot setup, but may go the virtual route that way I don't have to be too concerned about virii when I am using Windows.

Does iTunes perform any better on a Mac? It runs like crap on Windows.

Are there many apps to purchase afterwards? On Windows they usually come preloaded with apps that are trial basis at first and then you have to purchase them later.

Green Apple
    Thanks

your hardware should work the same as always. i don't really see any reason to dual boot but some people like it. personally i'm runnong win 7 in parallels. it works great and you can enable file sharing. itunes is an apple product meaning it was meant to run on os x. mac's don't come with bloatware which makes them great.

good luck and happy shopping.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to coppernights For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (11-16-2009)

Thanks

Thank you!

So what about discrete graphics versus integrated? Do they make any Macs with discrete cards?

Thanks

I went ahead and stayed with a Windows box. I couldn't find a Pro with an i7 chip and I got a machine that was superior for half of the price.