+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MacBook Pro Global Shortage?

is a discussion within the

Macbook Pro

forums, a part of the

Laptops

section;
After waiting 2 weeks, I was going into **** Smiths (Apple Retailer) to see if my new MacBook Pro was in, although instead of picking it up, i was told,
    Thanks

Default MacBook Pro Global Shortage?
    After waiting 2 weeks, I was going into **** Smiths (Apple Retailer) to see if my new MacBook Pro was in, although instead of picking it up, i was told,

There is a global shortage on your MacBook Pro (15inch 2.8GHz). I just got off the phone to Apple, and they said they have no idea when we will get any new MacBook orders, it could be upto a month.
    I wasnt to happy as you could expect haha,
    but I had not heard anything about this "Big Global Shortage".
    Does anyone know anything about this?
    or have any experience with the same problem?

Thanks

I find this a little hard to believe, never heard anything about it.
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

Thanks

Either had I, I'm not to sure what to believe. Does anyone have any personal knowledge as to whether this is true?

Thanks

If I was you i would call Apple & ask them.

Oz # 133 622
    Last edited by nickh; 07-08-2009 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nickh For This Useful Post:

lach (07-08-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    If I was you i would call Apple & ask them.

Oz # 133 622
    Thanks heaps for that, i'll let ya's know how i go.

Thanks

Good luck mate!

Thanks

Do you know a direct number to talk to apple about orders etc?
    I get to the stage where i have to put in my order number (or something like that), but because i bought it from DikcSmith Electronics, I didnt recieve an order number. Any idea?

Thanks

Umm not really, could always try the reception option on the above number, or ring DS & ask them what the order number is. I remember from your other thread you had a custom build as I did, but mine from the online store, & was supplied with a order number. They (DS) must have 1.

Thanks

alright i'll give that a try, well last time i talked to **** Smith the guy looked at me stupid, and went off to talk to his manager, then came back and said we will call you tomorrow. then they never did, and then today (three days later) i go into dse (dicksmith electronics) and the guy i bought it off told me this news about the global shortage. It would have been much easier if they just gave me the order number in the first place!
    Last edited by lach; 07-08-2009 at 01:04 AM.

Thanks

Yer to right... I feel your pain on the wait though, mine took a little over a week from China,, it was a long week

Thanks

haha it sucks hey, well i have nearly had to weeks :@ haha,
    Reception forwarded me onto order enquires, and i spoke to a guy there for a while, but he said, that he personally is not entitled to that sort of info, but he had no heard of anything to do with a shortage. He did tell me to speak to DickSmith and get there Apple representative to speed up the process, but then im back at square 1 again :@ lol.

This is annoying!

I would have thought, that if there was a shortage on all Macbook's, then all apple workers would be told of this, so they can tell all their customers who have them on order.

I find it strange that DickSmith are telling me there is a shortage, yet the apple guy hadn't heard anything about it.
    Last edited by lach; 07-08-2009 at 01:21 AM.

Thanks

I take it it's fully paid for? I would ring DS & demand the order number, tell them you spoke with Apple, & they never heard of any shortage, ask what's going on... Sounds like DS have customer service issues, not getting in contact with you when you have just $3000.00 plus with them,,, Whatta a Joke.

Ask to speak to the store manager, demand answers.

Thanks

Yup i payed the $3400 nearly two weeks ago. They said with custom orders it is best to pay the full amount, as apple delivers them quicker or something! Yeah i agree. I think it is a joke. The least you'd expect is for them to let you know what is happening with the delivery!!

Thanks

I'd be kickin off big time.. wanting some answers

Thanks

Well when apple cant tell me whats going on, then thats when i got annoyed. I'll be talking to the manager tomorrow to get the order number atleast.

Well rang the DickSmith manager, he went away and called back later, and basically said that the custom built MacBook Pro is in Singapore, and has been built apparently, and it should take another week until it gets here. Apparently another 5 working days to do with shipping to aus, another day at customs, a day at the apple store :S, a day shipping to DickSmith then ill get it the next day lol. Well atleast i know its built, i guess thats a good thing out of it.

Found it pretty strange how just yesterday the same guy was saying it would be a month's wait, and I think because we chased it up a bit more maybe somehow it sped things up.
    Last edited by lach; 07-08-2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Interesting.... I know for a fact they are built in China, there South East Asia factory is there, when I had my custom built, I could log on to my apple store account & check the progress.

It took 2 days to build left there, 1 day in transit, next day I logged on was in Honk Kong, the next evening Sydney, next afternoon my front door.

** At least its not a month now for you, can you pick it up from Apple?? or get it shipped via TNT whom apple use & delivered mine.. May cut out a few days.

Thanks

well when i asked for the tracking number the DickSmith guy ensured me that it is useless, and all that it tells them is whether it is being built or sent, which i found really hard to believe concidering ive seen so many screenshots of other peoples tracking orders :@.

Yeah that sounds about the same as what mine will be! Im not sure if ill be able to do that, I think DickSmith have to recieve it then they will let me know.

haha your right there, i find out funny how the day before he was telling me that there is a shortage etc and it could be even more than a month, then after i tell them ive talked to apple and they hadnt heard a single thing about the shortage, there telling me to ring them up next friday and theyll tell me where/if its in or not.

hmm, anyway im glad i dont have to wait a whole month

Thanks

Any joy yet mate?

Thanks

yup i have it , it took 3 weeks and 2 days lol, It was a pretty big wait, but in the end it was worth it. Best laptop i've used by far considering I came from windows!

Thanks

Hip hip hoorray!!! Good to hear it finally made it to you, now all weekend to play & tweak it.. Have fun mate