Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Macbook Pro Specs?

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldskoolkid13's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Best Macbook Pro Specs?
    im most likely getting a macbook pro very soon, any1 want to enlighten me on what the best cost-effective mbp config to buy? keep in mind i am a colledge student using it for just tht. writing papers, listening 2 music, and jailbreaking iphones.

If I helped you at all please hit the thanks button 4 me!

Given your described usages of your Mac I would not suggest you get the MBP but instead you should consider the MacBook.

What are you studying? Does your school requires you to run any proprietary software? If there are will these software run on the Mac?

You get the slowest MB with the fastest hard drive and then spend the remaining of your budget on as much RAM as you can get. With a minimum of 2GB.

One thing you can save on is to get the Combo drive model rather than the Super Drive model. The money saved should be spent on RAM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to vinko For This Useful Post:

oldskoolkid13 (09-12-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldskoolkid13's Avatar
    Thanks

i am studying to become a civil engineer. as its only my first year i dont have any programs i need specifically for PC and i doubt i will need any until at least after i graduate but i will look into that. now how many RAM slots are on the MB? do you know? thank you tho, you have been helpful, i plan to go to the mac store now and talk w/ one of the guys there as if im buyin one yaknow and see how it will workout pricewise and stuff

If I helped you at all please hit the thanks button 4 me!

Thanks

there are two ram slots on the macbook
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Thanks

I read on here new versions are planned for oct & nov. I got 2 macbooks, White 2gb 80gb cd writer 600 student price and black 4gb 250gb DVD writer used 450 . I recommend a larger hd and use bootcamp to run windows just in case.