+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dual Monitor

is a discussion within the

Macbook Air

forums, a part of the

Laptops

section;
Is there anyway for a 2010 MBA to run two external monitors if the MBA lid is closed? What I would like to do: Have two 20" Monitors on my
    Thanks

Default Dual Monitor
    Is there anyway for a 2010 MBA to run two external monitors if the MBA lid is closed? What I would like to do:

Have two 20" Monitors on my desk and the MacBook Air closed sitting in the cradle I bought from Twelve South. I have a VGA adapter but that only connects one. Could I buy a splitter?

EDIT: Found this on eBay, would this work? <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-VGA-SPLITTER-HD15M-2-HD15F-1-Computer-to-multiple-Monitor-LCD-Projector-/251138451397?pt=US_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item 3a7904a7c5" target="_blank">http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-VGA-SPLITT...item3a7904a7c5</a>

Thanks everyone.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,626 Times in 5,901 Posts

Looks like an inexpensive solution for displaying a mirror image on 2 monitors at the same time. Again, it would only be a mirror image of the monitors. Don't think it will work with lid closed, may be wrong though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Looks like an inexpensive solution for displaying a mirror image on 2 monitors at the same time. Again, it would only be a mirror image of the monitors. Don't think it will work with lid closed, may be wrong though.
    The monitors can be independent. I have 1 monitor now and they display different screens. Dual Monitor-imageuploadedbymodmyi1351993576.958487.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 9,626 Times in 5,901 Posts

So you can drag an app from laptop to the other monitor? How did you accomplish that? Dual Video card?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    So you can drag an app from laptop to the other monitor? How did you accomplish that? Dual Video card?
    Nope. Right now I just have one connected via VGA cable and in the settings menu under displays. Uncheck mirroring and they become independent. Very useful for work. I have the Internet open on one and Word on the other.

Or movie. Movie on one and whatever on the other.