Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Macbook Air Excitement!

Thanks

Default Macbook Air Excitement!
    I will be recieving my Macbook Air in a few days. It is my dream mac laptop. I will be posting pics of my unboxing and stay tuned.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0081.jpg   -img_0083.jpg   -img_0085.jpg   -img_0086.jpg   -img_0088.jpg  
    Last edited by mikerlx; 03-26-2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason: add pics

Thanks

Cool!

Thanks

Update: After 5 months of owning the Macbook Air, I will say its the coolest laptop I have ever owned. The 80 gb hardrive is very generous. but I think I need at least 1 tb external harddrive to handle all the media I have accumulated. I have added a couple programs for media. I will be upgrading to snow leopard. I highly recommend the Macbook Air and an additional portable harddrive.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I love the portability and the looks of the air but I could not live with 80GB

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I love the portability and the looks of the air but I could not live with 80GB
    Same here. Its an amazing computer, but it lacks space to use a good computer for more than a year or 2. I got my MBP like 2-3 weeks ago and Ive already used 150 GB...

Thanks

When the 13.3 Macbook Pro came out I had intentions of selling my air and picking one up. The 80 gb hardrive even the 120 gb Air is not enough. The easier the software the quicker we find ourselves running out of space. I think 1 TB would probably work best for me. It would be cool if I could have 500GB in my Air. For any Air Modders, I would like to see if you could drop 250-500gb hardrive in a Macbook Air!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I have a 500gb in my 13" MBP and it only has 190gb free. I can't wait for the 750gb to drop

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Nice, I dont see a lot of Air's in my shop its a nice machine but for me spec (or lack of) is not worth the pricetag

Thanks

I would like to add that I turn off the backlit and it makes a heck of a difference for battery life and I have it 50% on LED screen brightness just in case you guys wondering about settings. I have 38 movies in itunes and I am getting the "startup disk is almost full message." I get several hours of usage on a single 100% charge off and on usage all day. I think I get 5 hours of reading on sites and 3-4 hours of constant video watching maybe 2 movies worth. HEAT-Oh yes it gets HOT very hot impossible to touch at times on the bottom.
    Last edited by mikerlx; 08-17-2009 at 11:46 PM.