Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MacBook Air Temperature

Default MacBook Air Temperature
    Hey guys,

My friend has a MacBook Air, and I tried it out for a bit. One thing I noticed that it got pretty hot.

I'm not sure exactly how hot it got, but while playing World of Warcraft and Halo, it was definitely uncomfortable when used on the lap.

I would think that a metal chassis like that would dissapate heat nicely. Any MBA owners out there got a say in this?
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

All of the macs with the aluminum cases get hot. Its a pain. Try this though

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/macbook...ml#post2063871

......epic

Actually, I did set the fan speed to high when I was using it. He had that program as well. It still got pretty hot.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

There is an active setting that could be set to high, but you still need to adjust the minimal rpms of the fan. The higher the minimum the less heat it will create. But the higher you set the minimum the more battery you will use.

......epic

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

It's typically a manufacturing quality control issue on the macbook air. The problem tends to be too much thermal paste on the cpu not allowing proper fitting with the heat-sink. It fairly easy to take apart the mba and remove some thermal paste if there is too much