+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Mac OSX user... Need help!! Please

is a discussion within the

Mac Tips, Tricks & Mods

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
Hey guys, I just purchased my first Macbook... a 13" MacBook Air... and i have been a windows user all my life, cuz i havent had to much money... So
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default New Mac OSX user... Need help!! Please
    Hey guys, I just purchased my first Macbook... a 13" MacBook Air... and i have been a windows user all my life, cuz i havent had to much money... So this is the first time that i am actually using OSX... So i was wondering if you guys had any tips or good apps for a beginner like me... I would really appreciate it... Thanks, any advice or anything is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Think it kinda depends on your uses.

First go into the apple in the top left>settings(preferences(can't remember offhand the wording; not at my mac.)>security>firewall and turn it on. OSX comes with it off by default. Also in security make sure you have it set to update protection list (can't remember the exact words)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

MakUseOf has some great guides for new users. Just signup for the newsletter and you can access them. I provided them to clients who are new users. Download MakeUseOf Guides
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

Thanks

I'm OCD about organization and backups, so if you have an external hard drive, get it set up with Time Machine to run backups whenever you can. Also, customize the trackpad settings inside system preferences. You can customize the bottom right corner to be like a right click in Windows and lots of other cool features with the trackpad. Any more questions, feel free to ask 'em.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have a look at Quicksilver link. It is like spotlight but soooo much faster and has way more options