+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installing Linux using Parallels 3.0

is a discussion within the

Mac Tips, Tricks & Mods

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
-if someone could help me out, that would be great- I heard linux is sweet, my cousin is always raving bout it, so i got a legit copy of the
    Thanks

Default Installing Linux using Parallels 3.0
    -if someone could help me out, that would be great-

I heard linux is sweet, my cousin is always raving bout it, so i got a legit copy of the new parallels and i downloaded the iso file for the newest ubuntu linux, (oh, and i have a post 2006 macbook) but everytime i try to create a custom virtual machine, it says i have the wrong kind or something. Im obviously new to all this and cant figure out what i am doing wrong. thanks to anyone who could point me in the right direction

Thanks
    I Don't personally own a mac however. As long as I Know, Ubuntu doesn't work very well on 'Virtual Machines'.

However if it works...

I would try this:

run the ISO image or Parallels and when the ubuntu screen comes up. Select Press F4 and select Safe Grapphics Mode. Then click Install ubuntu, A user friendly GUI should come up and walk you through the installation process. However if this doesn't work then on first screen you should try: F4 Safe Grapphics then: F6 and delete “quiet splash” and add “vga=791 noreplace-paravirt”.

If this doesn't work then that means Ubuntu isn't compatible with Parallels.