Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HACK ADMIN Password

Default HACK ADMIN Password
    How can you hack the admin password without booting into single user mode. MY firmware is locked so I cant do that

Thanks

You can just use the Mac OS X Installer Disc to reset the admin password and unlock the firmware. What's the need of hacking?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

The firmware is locked so I can't boot off my disc.

wow, u can use the option key and boot from cd? then thats it
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

I cant boot off any drive except Macintosh hd.

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

you can hold down certain buttons without cd, (the ones that they use to bring up that cool welcome screen) and make a new account...but tht's just a parallel account..not hacking the admin password..if you want the actual password, you can figure out who the admin is, and if you know them well enough it's not to hard to guess...or **this is illegal and I don't condone it, just speaking theoretically** you could use a keylogger **this is illegal and I don't condone it, just speaking theoretically**

side note: i thought hacking talk wasn't allowed on modmyi..only reason I posted was because z3r01 is a mod and he posted so it must be a gray area
    Last edited by wannabprogramma; 07-31-2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Sorry, I use ihackmyi where hacking talk is allowed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wannabprogramma View Post
    you can hold down certain buttons without cd, (the ones that they use to bring up that cool welcome screen) and make a new account...but tht's just a parallel account..not hacking the admin password..if you want the actual password, you can figure out who the admin is, and if you know them well enough it's not to hard to guess...or **this is illegal and I don't condone it, just speaking theoretically** you could use a keylogger **this is illegal and I don't condone it, just speaking theoretically**

side note: i thought hacking talk wasn't allowed on modmyi..only reason I posted was because z3r01 is a mod and he posted so it must be a gray area
    Keylogger for OS X. When will that exist?

He's trying to access OS X on his own computer. If he asked to hack other computers, that's when it will violate the forum rules.

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm 99% sure it already exists...I haven't looked into it in awhile because I didn't need to but I heard of a guy developing a software keylogger for OS X like a year ago

oh ok..that clears it up..sorryy
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

how do we know he's not trying to hack a stolen compy?

Twitter: @tshoults

If it was stolen I wouldn't be asking this. I'd be reformatting the hard drive because I wouldn't care about the files and documents because they wouldn't be mine.

Ok. I thought you were saying that a firmware password had been set so you couldn't reinstall. If a FW password is set on a Mac, you can't boot off of anything except the drive without entering your FW password.

You can reset the admin's password if you can create a new admin account.

1. Log into the new admin account
    2. Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app
    3. Run the command "sudo passwd root"
    4. Your terminal should look like this:
    Code:
    Macbook:~ Username$ sudo passwd root
    Password:                      <= (your new accounts password here)
    Changing password for root.
    New password:
    Retype new password:
    Macbook:~ Username$
    Just enter a new password for root, then try to log into it.

You can also type "sudo su" followed by your own password to execute commands (and open apps with root privileges) without having to change root's password.

Also, you can try running the commands from your own account and you might be able to change root's password without creating a new admin account. You might also get an error about not having permission to run commands as sudo.
    Last edited by lightmaster; 10-13-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: More info
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Thanks

Why are people posting in 3 month old threads?

Failed to notice their post dates. >.<

They might still be looking for an answer anyway, but I doubt it.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)