Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
09-12-2009, 03:27 PM #1
How to Add MSN Accounts to Apple Mail on Mac OS X Leopard / Snow Leopard
Ever had issues adding MSN accounts to the Apple's Default Mail app on your Mac? Well, no more! This guide will show you how to do it
<b>Please note that it will create a POP account and won't allow proper folder management etc.</b>
1. Open Apple's Mail app from your Dock or Applications folder.
2. Click on the 'Mail' menu in the status bar and select 'Preferences...', then select the 'Accounts' tab.
3. In this tab, select the '+' button near the bottom left.
4. Enter in your 'Name', 'Email Address' and 'Password', then select 'continue'.
5. In the account type, select 'POP' and in description, type anything you like such as MSN.
6. For the 'Incoming Mail Server', type 'pop3.live.com' and fill in your 'User name' and 'Password', then select Continue.
7. In description, type anything like 'MSN' and in the 'Outgoing Mail Server', type 'smtp.live.com'. You can enable authentication if you like and just click continue (your e-mail address and password are automatically filled in from the last step).
8. It will now show you the details you entered previously, make sure you select 'Take Account Online', then select 'Create'.
9. The account will now show in the left sidebar under accounts tab in preferences. You can select it and customize your other preferences.
10. To download mail, just press 'Get Mail'.
Hope this helps!
09-30-2009, 10:13 PM #2
will this work with Hotmail as well?
10-09-2009, 06:07 PM #3
Tested and working.
10-09-2009, 06:16 PM #4
Mail 4.0 just asks for your email and password now.