Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows Detailed Tutorial] How to make Vista/Win7 look exactly like MAC OSX 10.5.4-6

Default [Windows Detailed Tutorial] How to make Vista/Win7 look exactly like MAC OSX 10.5.4-6
    HTML Code:
    This tutorial will you guys how to make your
     plain dull windows, into a exact Mac Os X 10.5.6-8 look alike. :]
    Note: This is long tutorial, and noob friendly = ]
    Items Needed:

1) Vista OS X Transformation Pack (Not for Win7):
    Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CGDULVCO
    2) RK Launcher Nightly Beta, [Mac Dock, Basically on PC]
    Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W9HOH2K8
    3)ObjectBar 1.65 Full + CDkey Generator. [Works perfectly. don't need the 2.1 latest version]
    Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HDXCAN6L
    4) Objectbar Leopard theme
    Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W9Q1A7CK
    5)Switcher [Its basically Expose on mac]
    Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZWZMJH4A
    6)Mac OS X Wallpaper
    Code:
    http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr67/droftware/leopard.jpg
    7) Yahoo Widgets Pack
    Code:
    http://badge.ydp.clientapps.yahoo.com/badge/widgets/manual_download2?scen=u&wid=w76,w2854,w4862,w1869,w2856,w4864,w5464,w278,w1868&cn=&winf=y

PART 1: Turning off the UAC.

HTML Code:
    Step 1: Go to Start -> Control Panel

HTML Code:
    Step 2: Then to User Accounts and Family Safety

HTML Code:
    Step 3: Click User Accounts

HTML Code:
    Step 4: Go to Change User Account Control settings

HTML Code:
    Step 5: In the User account Control Settings, turn off your UAC.
    <for windows 7 users, you have to bring the notification bar from default to never notify. it will look like this>

PART 2: Installing Vista OS X. [Win7 Users skip to step 11, no need for you guys to do this]

HTML Code:
    Step 6: Download Vista Transformation installation File, and Double click. 
    Installation Screen will come up. -> Press Let's Go. 
    License will come up -> Press Agree

HTML Code:
    Step 7: The Components screen will show up. It will ask you what you want to install.
    Press All

HTML Code:
    Step 8: Click Install. In couple of seconds it will finish the installation, and ask you to restart then apply the theme which has been placed on the desktop.

HTML Code:
    Step 9: Restart computer.
    HTML Code:
    Step 10: When you log back into your computer, double click the file named "VistaOSX Theme" which is on your desktop. A window comes up and shows couple of themes to apply. And you can click add, unless the file "VistaOSX Theme" is not showing.

Now you should have a Macish look around your documents/hard drive window, basically every where on the your computer.

PART 3: Time to install the RK launcher. Mac Dock On PC

HTML Code:
    Step 11: Extract the .rar file using Winrar, Winzip etc.
    HTML Code:
    Step 12: Double click, and open the program. It will show a loading screen.

HTML Code:
    Step 13: Click next -> Now It will show you the installation page -> Click next and install.

HTML Code:
    Step 14: Real quick after the Installation of the dock, right click on your Windows task-bar -> move it on the top of the screen, -> Lock and auto-hide the task-bar. 
    <For Win7 Users, Please before Locking and Auto-hiding, Turn your taskbar small instead of having it in the default large size. This will help later on>
    Just to make sure the windows taskbar doesn't show for now.
    HTML Code:
    Step 15: After the dock has been installed -> Go to the dock settings by right clicking -> Will show the "Size," "Magnification," and the "background."
    My 'Dock Size' Is set at - 44 pixels
    My 'Magnification' is set at 49 Pixels.
    <You may need to check the box next to the Magnification to enable it.>
    My 'Background' is set at 'Ghostwalkers _leopard'

HTML Code:
    Step 16: Now that you have your Taskbar out of the way, and your dock fully configured. -> Start taking out the useless application icons which are on your dock, Including the separator. 
    [Separator are the small lines between some applications on your dock. Usually around 3-4. You only need one.]

[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z84/UnDeaDLeGioN-/13.png[/img]

To add applications to your dock, just drag the program main shortcut icon you want from the "X :Program Files" onto your dock. Make sure your dock is not locked.
    I personally install the programs which are usually on the legit macs, and some programs like Garageband I improvise with another program which does a similar job.
    And I try making the dock as realistic as I can. Here is a example.

Now you are set with the mac look [Vista users]
    And you are set with a Mac dock.
    < Win7 Users, I am still looking for a good transformation pack for Win7, since its a new OS, there are not alot of things to work with, not to mention most of the programs won't even work.>

PART 4: Installing Switcher

HTML Code:
    Step 17: Download and install switcher 2.0
    HTML Code:
    Step 18: After installation finish -> Go to Start -> Find Switcher -> Run it. ->Go to the shortcuts tab  -> Press change -> Go where it says " LWin +` " In that section press any key you want to set as a shortcut. I personally do F9.
    HTML Code:
    Step 19: After you are done with those steps,
     -> Go to 'Windows Style Tab' 
     -> Uncheck 'Label' 
     -> Go down and Uncheck 'Number' as Well.
     -> Now go where it says under "Change the look of windows" 
    It should be at "Normal", 
     -> Change to "Selected" 
    after you have Unchecked 'Label' and 'Number' on the "Normal Tab." 
     -> And Do the same process with "Selected" As you did with "Normal," just uncheck 'Label, and Number' again.
     -> After finished with all those steps Press Hide, bottom right hand corner of the program 
    <This program will startup automatically with your computer>
    HTML Code:
    Step 20: Now its time to test it out! After you have all those steps completed, open a couple of programs example - Word, Safari, etc -> Press F9 (or whatever you have places in as a shortcut)
    And it should look something like this

PART 5: Installing Objectbar With Leopard Skin
    <Notice each Leopard_OB_Part archive has a read-me, just incase.

HTML Code:
    Step 21: Download Objectbar 
    -> Install it, use the key generator for the key
    HTML Code:
    Step 22: Now lets just leave that aside for now, we will be getting back to objectbar in couple of minutes. We first need to get the Leopard theme installed in the right directories. 
    -> Download The Objectbar leopard theme
    -> Extract, there should be 3 .rar files.
    -> After that, Only extract the First file, named 
    'Leopard_OB_Part1'
    -> You should now get a folder called 'Leopard_Enhanced V2.0' with a readme.
    -> Now go Into the 'font' folder -> Double click the folder -> 
    You should now see all these font files 
    -> Go to  'X:WindowsFonts'   X= What ever your Drive Letter is. Mine for Example is 'C:WindowsFonts'
    -> Take all the Font files from inside the
    'Leopard_Enhanced V2.0' Folder [EXCEPT THE 'PFB' Files] and Copy them into 
    'X:WindowsFonts
    -> You will see 1 Error
    1) "The ['Filename'] font is already installed. Do you want to replace it?" 
    -> Check "Do THis for all current items"
    -> Press Yes
    HTML Code:
    Step 23: Copy your entire 'Leopard_Enhanced V2.0' folder inside 'X:Program FilesObject DesktopObjectBar'
    HTML Code:
    Step 24: NOW go to Start and find Objectbar -> Then run it. Should look something like this

HTML Code:
    Step 25: Now press Browse -> Go to 
    'X:Program FilesObject DesktopObjectBarLeopard_Enhanced V2.0'
    -> Where it says File name: 'Leopard_Enhanced', there is a slide down Giving you 3 options

-Objectbar Theme packages (*.obpack, *.zip)
    -Objectbar Themes (*.obtheme)
    -All files (*.*)
    -> Choose '-Objectbar Themes (*.obtheme'
    Now this file should come up

HTML Code:
    -> Click that file and press Open.
    -> Now a mac taskbar should come up on your top of your desktop, with your System name on it
    Example This is now mine looks like

HTML Code:
    Step 26: <This Step is Optional only if this feature isn't working correctly for you.>
    -> Try Pressing the Start button on your Keyboard, the Windows Start button logo should appear Sliding down the start menu, and you SHOULD be able to repress the start button on your keyboard, and the start menu + logo should slowly slide back up and the apple logo should appear again. Or you can click on the desktop or any screen and it should do the same thing.

-> IF THAT DOES NOT WORK OUT, go to 
    'Control PanelSystem and SecuritySystem'
    -> Press Advanced System Settings
    -> Windows pops up, click Settings under Performance
    -> Default should be on "Let the computer choose whats best for my computer"
    -> Change to "Best performence" Click Apply
    -> Then go back to Change to the Default choice again, Click apply
    -> Now lastly Go Back again, now this time Custom and Press apply
    HTML Code:
    Now you should be able to press start button and repress/click any where on the computer and it should slowly slide back up hidden.
    HTML Code:
    Step 27: After all that, -> Right click on the mac menu -> Find the option called "Finder" should be the first thing on the list.
    HTML Code:
    Step 28: Click finder  [It says its tiger skin, but its really leopard] -> Go to the advanced Tab -> Click Override skin transparency -> Go down from 100% transparency to around 75%. -> Press ok
    <Later on you can mess around with the icons, change them around etc, its a little confusing so PLEASE backup your menu skin, every-time you change the menu skin,
    -> Right click on the menu, Go to Properties
    -> Go to file, then unload objectbar
    -> It will ask you to save, press yes.

You need to configure Objectbar so it starts up with your computer.
    -> Right Click Menu -> Go to Properties -> Go to File -> General Options -> Go to Startup Tab -> Check Automatically run objectbar at startup 
    YOU WILL HAVE TO KEEP ON CHOOSING THE LEOPARD BAR AND APPLYING EVERY-TIME YOU RESTART.
    HTML Code:
    Step 29: Reload objectbar
    -> Now we are done with the first 'Leopard_OB_Part1' folder, back up the .rar archive somewhere or backup purposes. 
    -> UnRaR Leopard_OB_Part2
    -> Copy the WHOLE Entire 'Menu Bar' folder from your desktop which you just extracted to your 
    'X:Program Files directory'

This is basically for the "About this mac, Mac OS X software, it shows what your computer specs are, just like on a real mac
    HTML Code:
    Step 30: UnRaR 'Leopard_OB_Part3'
    -> Now 5 Things will be extracted. Don't Panic! Take the two folders called 'ForceQuit' and 'iShut' and Place them into your
    'X:Program Files directory'
    -> Now you are completely done! You can delete every other file on the desktop which you extracted from all the 
    'Leopard_OB_Part' Files
    <You can now go to the mac menu [apple logo], click it and go to about this mac, and it should show you your system specs.>

HTML Code:
    Step 31: Since the theme as a specific order, when desktop is right clicked it will show a mac right click options, but for windows its not going to help much,
    So Right Click Menu -> Go to Properties -> Go to File -> General Options -> Uncheck "When desktop is right clicked, show menu defined in theme"
    <Now you are set>

Part 6: Quickly Setup Mac Wallpaper [IF NOT ALREADY]

HTML Code:
    Step 32: Go to Mac Wallpaper link -> Right click, Either save as, or set as background.
    [Only do this if the wallpaper has not been already set from the RK launcher installation]

PART 7: Installing Widgets

HTML Code:
    Step 33: Download the Yahoo Widgets 
    -> Install
    -> Thats it :) Just add Shortcut F12 for widgets to show up.

TA DAAAA!!!
    Now your Vista/Win7 Looks Alot like the Mac OS X 10.5.4-8 Operating System.
    Now you can add/play around with you Mac Menu And your dock.
    I personally added the Snow leopard Wallpaper, and Shortcuts of Hard Drives and changed their icons to look like the Mac Hard Drive. Here is what my Win7 Looks like. I didn't install itunes etc, because I have all that stuff already installed on my Mac OS X 10.5.8 dualboot so I didn't find it necessary to do.

Last edited by eZStaR; 09-13-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Thanks! I'm going to try this on my friends laptop lol

Good luck and enjoy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to eZStaR For This Useful Post:

SirRafy (11-09-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Is this legit?

Thanks
    Im sure Apple would not like their beautiful desktop layout on a nasty windows PC. But as far as legit goes, it is debatable. The components are there to make it look so. Im kind of interested now. I will look into this...

many of the "nasty windows PCs" would beat any Mac specwise.
    however i love the simple look of OS X and will try this later on.

Quote Originally Posted by extremzocker View Post
    many of the "nasty windows PCs" would beat any Mac specwise.
    however i love the simple look of OS X and will try this later on.

But they will never beat mac OS wise. + Mac specs are quite amazing.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

you cant compare them like that... wait, why are you defending OS X? you are running Win7 - like me

you cant compare them like that... wait, why are you defending OS X? you are running Win7 - like me
    There are huge flaws to Windows, and is just a plain rip off. [Cough cough Mac came out first]

Secondly about me running windows, read my sig.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

oh i stopped after "ultimate" lol dualboot i see... so which one do you think is better? i never got the chance to install OS X on my laptop.

oh i stopped after "ultimate" lol dualboot i see... so which one do you think is better? i never got the chance to install OS X on my laptop.
    Mac is definitely better. Its more productive and has more advanced features on the simplest things, which you would never get on a PC.
    Did you know that to uninstall a program on a MAC, all you have to do is copy the application and put it in the trash? Unlike windows, going through huge uninstallation process and what not/restarting comp etc. Plus the comment about games from several places state Mac has no games, wrong, it has pretty much every game out there for PC which work quite great.

As for the thread, I see a lot if not all links are dead. If there is a high demand I will re upload, as of now I only have 1-2 people wanting the links which I will have to savage from my external.
    Last edited by eZStaR; 05-26-2010 at 04:51 PM.

that sounds cool. ill start with making my Windows look like it (thanks for the guide) and maybe install OS X later. how does dualboot work?

that sounds cool. ill start with making my Windows look like it (thanks for the guide) and maybe install OS X later. how does dualboot work?
    If you don't know or have tried dualbooting before, I highly suggest you research on your computer specs, how dualbooting works, where to get the OS and etc. Because after 15 attempts and many errors, I finally got my Mac OS X 10.5.8 working properly. Please keep note that researching will take a while, unless you have specific posts to help you on the internet. I did not dualboot using 98% of the techniques on the internet, I used a specific program to dualboot which worked without fail.

when it comes to it i will PM you, you seem to know your way around. thank you

can u give me a step by step like dis ?on to get dualboot with mac osx onn win7?