Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac OS Parental Controls?

Default Mac OS Parental Controls?
    I have a computer running Mac OS 10.5.8 (Leopard) and when I place the setting to "Allow only the websites listed below" on a managed account, it does not apply and the account can access any website regardless of the parental controls. I tried the same method on a Mac OS 10.6.7 (Snow Leopard) and the parental controls worked perfectlyi... so are the parental controls in Leopard a joke? Is there any way to upgrade a computer from Leopard to Snow Leopard without buying a whole new operating system?

Also, I have also been interested in using Firefox but the Mac OS Parental controls will work only with Safari. I heard of an extension called "Glubble" that would allow access only to a handful of sites but for some odd reason the extension was removed from the add-on page. I would really be interested in an add-on that could restrict the internet browser to only a few sites, as I am attempting to do on the Parental Controls for Mac OS.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    First, you'll need an Intel-based Mac. If your processor is a PowerPC, the OS cannot be upgraded to Snow Leopard. If it's from Intel, you're good to go. Then put the Snow Leopard Install DVD in your Mac...
    MyLife DVD Creator Pro, tremendously easy to use ,cost-effective and professional DVD burner for Mac.