+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Needing to run Windows Programs on my Mac... Anyone familiar with VMware Fusion?

is a discussion within the

Mac Software

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
Hello, I am needing to run a windows program called Realhound for work and when I asked them if they support Mac they told me I would need to install
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Needing to run Windows Programs on my Mac... Anyone familiar with VMware Fusion?
    Hello,

I am needing to run a windows program called Realhound for work and when I asked them if they support Mac they told me I would need to install something called VMware Fusion or Parallel on my Mac.

I am not super excited about running windows on my Mac as I really like OS X, but I do not want to go buy a PC just because I cannot use this application I need for work.

Does anyone have any suggestions for ways I can go about putting Windows on my Mac to run this Realhound program? I am looking to do this as cheaply as possible. I have not done a lot of modding on a Mac before except with Geektool for fun. I am familiar with iPhone's modding/jailbreaking/unlocking so maybe there is some overlap there...

I have a 2011 Macbook Air 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 running Mac OS X 10.7.2 -- Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I need to get realhound up and running as soon as possible.

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

well - i figured it out... incase anyone stumbles upon this, i used VMware Fusion and it works great. Just DL an SO version of windows and install using virtual machine and it works great on a separate desktop, doesn't even use that much memory or CPU either...

Thanks

Bette download parallels desktop, works great...
    Niels97Oet - On YouTube, Twitter and Please read again I only give one warning - thanks!

Thanks

There is "Wine app for Mac" it can run windows on Mac.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION