+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Major Bug That Needs Wide-Spread Reporting (Spaces Focusing)

is a discussion within the

Mac Software

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
I hope this is the right place for this. I recently filed a bug with apple via bug report.apple.com I'd like to urge anyone who can to go there and
    iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Major Bug That Needs Wide-Spread Reporting (Spaces Focusing)
    I hope this is the right place for this. I recently filed a bug with apple via bug report.apple.com

I'd like to urge anyone who can to go there and file a duplicate of bug #9971278

We need to get this as wide-spread as possible so that Apple can fix it. It makes my, and my friends Macs all but useless for productive work. Thanks

The text of this horrible bug/oversight is as follows:

Code:
    17-Aug-2011 04:32 PM Matthew Ahrenstein:
    Summary: When I am on a different space, and I have 2+ apps open on another space (including built-in ones like Safari, and Mail) if I use the Command+Tab shortcut to switch focus to Firefox (for example) The space will switch to the right space, and Firefox will be selected (according to the top bar on the screen) but another open app on the space (Mail for example) will be in visible focus on top of Firefox, regardless of whether or not it was on top visually when I left said space.

Steps to Reproduce: Open several apps on Space 1 (numbers are not relative to the problem, but just for example) and one or more apps on Space 2.  Command+Tab over to Space 2 and do stuff for a bit.  Interact with the open app for a few minutes.  Now switch back to an app in Space 1 via Command+Tab  Around 7 out of 10 times, the app you Command+Tabbed to will be in focus as far as selection goes, but another app on the same space will visibly be on top, and in your way.

Expected Results:  The app you Command+Tabbed to should be in focus both at a software, and visible level.

Actual Results: 7 out of 10 times (on average for me) The app I Command+Tabbed to will be in focus as far as the menu bar on the top of the screen goes, but another app on the same space will be visibly on top of the app I am trying to work with.

Regression: This issue occurs in both 10.7 and 10.7.1 on both Client, and Server versions of the OS.  I have tested this on a Mac Mini Fall 2010 and a MacBook Pro Fall 2010.

Notes: This seriously impacts usability, and hampers my performance when working with my Mac products.  Not to mention it annoys the crap out of me.
    PS: Mods/Admins there is no 10.7 sub-forum, so I am posting this here. Please move it if it is in the wrong spot. Thanks
    -FBIRyuJin

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 838 Posts

Sounds like a reasonable thing to want fixed! Good luck!

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

That's why I need everyone to file a duplicate of the bug so it gets Apple's attention
    -FBIRyuJin