Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: email confirmation of receipt

Default email confirmation of receipt
    Hi, I'm new to the forum and joined it just to find out if there is a way with the mail software to receive a notice confirming that the email that I have sent has been opened.
    I tried to search the mail menus and could not find anything similar to what exists in win outlook.

Thanks,

Marcel

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

I tried researching this a few months ago and there is no easy answer I could find. Not even the outlook for Mac does it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone trentmorris's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcpianoca View Post
    ... find out if there is a way with the mail software to receive a notice confirming that the email that I have sent has been opened...
    For something like that to work email providers would have to have a standardized way to communicate. For example: Gmail would need a way to alert MSN that an email was read on their end so it can alert the user.

So I don't believe there's a software solution available. I could be wrong of course, but I haven't seen anything out there. I've heard of various email services providing that feature when sending emails within the same provider. (ie: from one Gmail user to another)