Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Convert PDF files to Epub for Mac

Question How to Convert PDF files to Epub for Mac
    I've got a problem. I'm really sorry if someone have already discussed that problem before.
    I want to convert some PDF files to Epub for Mac.But i have no idea to work out that.If there is any website conversion or PDF converter to help me?
    Hope to get answers as soon as possible.

I used Calibre myself. Not a bad app.

If you have Adobe Acrobat, you can export to HTML, and then convert that to ePub as well.
    Just realize that it isn't always an easy conversion, and may require a bit of cleanup.
    And i find a related way to work out How to convert PDF to Epub on Mac, which can convert PDF files to EPUB format on Mac for viewing on electronic books (eBooks) readers iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Sony Reader or other eBook Readers.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by sinaer; 03-04-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

calibre works great

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

yea calibre works really well. I've used it multiple times to turn PDF's of my accounting & finance notes/textbooks and many other items into ePubs so I could access them anywhere via iBooks on my i4 or iPad. Best part, its free and its really easy to use. I believe there is a tutorial video on their website but if not I'm sure there's multiple videos on youtube on how to use it.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

If you have Adobe Acrobat, you can export to HTML, and then convert that to ePub as well.

Just realize that it isn't always an easy conversion, and may require a bit of cleanup. Good luck!

Step 1: Import PDF files to PDF Converter

Select PDF eBooks on your Mac and drag them into the panel, or choose "File-> Add PDF Files" in the menu bar, you can easily add PDF eBooks for conversion.
    Step 2: Customize

Select "PDF Converter -> Preferences" in the menu bar, you can easily set the output folder for the converted EPUB eBooks. And click on the tab Conversion, you are allowed to customize the output ePub eBook.Then choose "File -> File Configuration" in the menu bar, it is easy to set EPUB eBook output format and customize the page ranges for the output EPUB eBook. Select "Apply to all" option, the format of current file setting will apply to all the files in the panel.
    Step 3: Start convert PDF to EPUB eBooks

After customize the output settings, click Convert button to convert PDF to EPUB. The conversion will be finished in seconds. Then you can click on the EPUB icon to open the destination folder to get the converted EPUB eBooks.