+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes Doesn't See iPhone....

is a discussion within the

Mac Software

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
I'm running OS X 10.6.2 on an MSi Wind with iTunes 10.1.2. Whenever I attach my iPhone 4 iTunes refuses to see it nor will the computer tether with it's
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iTunes Doesn't See iPhone....
    I'm running OS X 10.6.2 on an MSi Wind with iTunes 10.1.2. Whenever I attach my iPhone 4 iTunes refuses to see it nor will the computer tether with it's 3G. A temporary fix that seems to work is trashing AppleMobileDevice.kext and reinstalling iTunes. After that iTunes will recognize the iPhone until I reboot the computer. It seems that AppleMobileDevice.kext is not loading at boot though I can't seem to figure out why. Has anybody else experienced this problem? If so any thoughts?

Thanks

Nope. You may want to try reinstallimg iTunes to fix that problem.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeSlayer View Post
    Nope. You may want to try reinstallimg iTunes to fix that problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvhurlburt View Post
    A temporary fix that seems to work is trashing AppleMobileDevice.kext and reinstalling iTunes. After that iTunes will recognize the iPhone until I reboot the computer.
    ...Tried... Short of a fresh install of Snow Leopard I'm not sure WTF to do. Is there a way to force a kext to load in single user mode or a way to reload a kext after boot? It seems that when I trash "AppleMobileDevice.kext" and reinstall iTunes that as part of the installer script it "registers components" which I assume is the installer reloading that kext. If there were a way to do that I would, as a work around, create a shell script that loads at boot to fix the problem. However, if at all possible without a clean reinstall of SL, I would love to get to the root of the problem and remedy it. If thats not possible a shell script is my next best option. In the mean time perhaps I can write an AppleScript or put together an automater file that deletes "AppleMobileDevice.kext" and runs the iTunes installer.... Hopefully somebody here has had this issue, solved it and can provide some guidance.

TIA,
    Mike