+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac Problem or Handbrake Problem?

is a discussion within the

Mac Software

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
This is my DXG-569V camcorder. It can capture 1280 x 720 video at 30 fps and shoot 5-megapixel.It can output in both 4:3 and 16:9 aspects. Video is recorded in
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Mac Problem or Handbrake Problem?

This is my DXG-569V camcorder. It can capture 1280 x 720 video at 30 fps and shoot 5-megapixel.It can output in both 4:3 and 16:9 aspects. Video is recorded in H.264, .MOV format, .M2TS format…
    My Mac is iMac with Mac OS X version 10.5

Here is my problem:
    When I convert my camcorder video in my Mac with Handbrake, I get the beach ball of death. Sometimes it won’t get past the apple loading screen. When it does, it freezes on the desktop.

Something wrong with my Mac or handbrake? How to detect? If it is Handbrake, please name something alternative I can use.

No reply
    Last edited by moleeda; 06-11-2010 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Handbreak uses a whole lot of system resources and processor time. Have you tried to let it sit for a bit to work things out? If that fails, try re-downloading Handbreak. I don't think that it is a problem with your Mac. I use Handbreak often and have found it extremely fickle. Make sure you have the right version of VLC player too because without that Handbreak refuses to work, at least for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ceris7356 View Post
    Handbreak uses a whole lot of system resources and processor time. Have you tried to let it sit for a bit to work things out? If that fails, try re-downloading Handbreak. I don't think that it is a problem with your Mac. I use Handbreak often and have found it extremely fickle. Make sure you have the right version of VLC player too because without that Handbreak refuses to work, at least for me.
    Yes, you are right. But handbrake have not update for a long time. Redownloading also get the same version. From giveawayoftheday.com recommendation,noe I v already free get WinX HD Video Converter for Mac. Maybe it sounds ridiculous to name winx with a mac program,but it is really works fine.