Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any Parental Control Software for Mac?

Default Any Parental Control Software for Mac?
    My boy is only 7 , we really worry about his online safety.
    Is there any professional parental control software for Mac OS?
    How about the Aobo Mac Kyelogger[/url]?
    Anyone who uses it or could you gives me some other advice, the software can record password is very nice.
    Thanks for your reply.

edit/mod/link removed
    Last edited by blkcadi; 03-17-2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: wrong

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

From Mac OS 10.5, Apple built-in parental control (accessible through System Preferences). Macworld offers advice if the built-in features are inadequate: Beyond Parental Controls | Software | Macworld

An extra step could be to use OpenDNS for content filtering (OpenDNS | Internet Navigation And Security). I use it on my network and for clients.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Scoops98 For This Useful Post:

siennal (11-23-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by siennal View Post
    My boy is only 7 , we really worry about her online safety.
    Im worried about your child too....with that description

What a mistake!Thanks for your reminding CPJR.I really need to take everything easy.BTW, have you been told that it's not good to laugh at others?Oh,it's not your fault I think.

Quote Originally Posted by kimsanders View Post
    Aobo software seems nice, say its remote mac keylogger is coming soon. But now you can try this Mac Keylogger. It's able to record passwords too
    I have not try it yet but I will,thanks for your information.
    Last edited by siennal; 11-24-2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've never tried Aobo software.
    I carried about the same problem before, when I wanted to know what did my young brother on my comp.
    A couple months ago I found DutyWatch. It records all typed keystrokes and I know which apps he used and websites he watched when I was out of home.

And I am using ActyMac DutyWatch Remote for a long period and I can say it is really good application. High quality.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

my parents used a program called K9 web protection it basically controls times you can use the internet, and you can block websites that you don't want your son to come across.

Me, myself am not a fan of key loggers...

oh and you dont need each and every website you want blocked, blocked you just need to 'genre' for lack of a better description. there are check boxes with like 30 different 'genres'
    Last edited by H3x.; 04-30-2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by siennal View Post
    My boy is only 7 , we really worry about his online safety.
    Is there any professional parental control software for Mac OS?
    How about the Aobo Mac Kyelogger[/url]?
    Anyone who uses it or could you gives me some other advice, the software can record password is very nice.
    Thanks for your reply.

edit/mod/link removed
    These software suites might be what you're looking for: Internet Filter Software Review 2010 - TopTenREVIEWS

They provide full range filtering and monitoring.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

agree, ActyMac DutyWatch ( ActyMac - DutyWatch employee monitoring for Mac OS X ) is good app for parental control

and also I heard a lot of positive reviews about ProteMac KeyBag PRO ( ProteMac - Protect Your Mac! )...

Default Perfect Monitoring Software
    New version of ActyMac DutyWatch Remote released.Try FREE Trial and enjoy best monitoring solution.

A little old but common topic, but still want to share what i know here. To my knowledge, the Amac family keylogger mac is not bad as my auntie has been using it for six months, and she thinks highly of it. Apart from providing rock solid protection, and it does not slow down computer.
    Last edited by Blaney; 09-18-2011 at 06:48 PM.