+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Web Design Software

is a discussion within the

Mac Software

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Web Design Software
    I am looking for a web design program for my Mac. Through my ventures so far I have came up with three of them. They all look rather nice!

The first one is RapidWeaver which offers more than the basic WYSIWYG and site management features that free products offer. What is nice is it comes with templates for new sites and also plugins to integrate with other Apple applications. The interface is very nice looking and was built for Mac OS X Leopard. RapidWeaver is great for anyone wanting to create beautiful websites or website. It as all of the tools you need to quickly create websites you'll be proud of.

It comes with over 40 professionally designed thems that are fully customizable.

Want to see RapidWeaver at work? Check out their showcase by clicking below.

RapidWeaver Showcase

Also RapidWeaver offers a forum that has over 23,000 members!

They have a demo version which you can try before you buy.

Price: For single user $79.00
    For five user license $129.00

And it looks like when a update comes out you will have to purchase it for $30.00 for the single user. But for the five user license its $60.00

What was nice is their site offers some quick tour videos or tutorials that will teach you how to use their software. Link is below.

Realmac Software - Video Tutorials

Website link below....

RapidWeaver 4 - Powerful Web Design Software for Mac OS X

Ok for the second one it is called Sandvox.

Karelia Software: Creators of Sandvox, Mac Website Building App

This web design software is easy to use and learn. It also has a nice interface to work with and works with Mac OS X (10.4.11, 10.5, or 10.6). There are two versions. They offer a Regular version and Pro Edition. Both versions offer a variety of pre-made themes.

What does the Regular version have to offer? It is their basic package. No knowledge of HTML is needed to build great looking websites.

What does the Pro Edition have to offer? It enables advance features such as Raw HTML pages/pagelets and google integration for higher website visibility.

Sandvox was created with search engines in mind. Create a web site on Mac using Sandvox and follow our suggestions to optimize it for top search engine placement. When you do, you'll begin building your audience and you'll start getting top rankings on search engines like Google and Yahoo.

Choose from over fifty versatile designs Whatever your style, Sandvox has a design for you.

Add text, images, movies, and more Forget tedious uploading. Drag and drop content and watch your site grow.

Edit and review changes simultaneously Hate jumping from edit to preview? You don't have to: It's all in one place in Sandvox.

Get your site noticed and build your audience Search Engine Optimization features get your site noticed; Google Analytics lets you understand who's looking at what.

Enhance sidebars with pagelets Personalize your site with Flickr, YouTube, Amazon lists, contact forms, and more.

Boost your site's capabilities with Code Injection The Power of the Pro Edition: Add code and enhance your site with custom features like HTML, JavaScript, or PHP.

Blog, podcast, or video blog You focus on the content, Sandvox takes care of the rest. Sharing news, audio, and video is easy.

Publish to any host with the Publishing Assistant FTP, SFTP, MobileMe, WebDAV... the choice of how and where to publish is yours. Use one of our recommended hosts or choose your own.
    There is also a demo version you can download to try before you decide if you want to buy it or not.

Price: For the Basic Package
    Single User $57.00
    Household $8700
    Site License $27.00/Seat

Price: For the Pro Package
    Single User $97.00
    Household $137.00
    Site License $47.00/Seat

This site also offers a Screencast 18 minute video overview and tutorial as well. Link below.

Screencast Introduction to Sandvox: Video Overview and Tutorial

And for the third one DreamWeaver. I love DreamWeaver and bought it years ago when I used a PC. I still use it on my Mac with VMWare. This is a very powerful website design software but at a hefty price as well!

What this software has to offer is...........
    Code hinting for Ajax and JavaScript frameworks. Write JavaScript more efficiently with improved support for JavaScript core objects and primitive data types.

Related Files and Code Navigator. Click any included file shown in the Related Files bar to see both its source in Code view and the parent page in Design view.

CSS best practices. Implement CSS best practices without writing code. Create new CSS rules in the Properties panel, and get clear, simple explanations of where each property fits in the cascade of styles.

New user interface. Work faster and smarter across Adobe Creative Suite® 4 components with a shared user interface design.

HTML data sets. Integrate the power of dynamic data into your web pages without the learning curve of mastering databases or XML coding. Spry Data Sets recognize content in a simple HTML table as an interactive data source.

Adobe Photoshop Smart Objects. Insert any Adobe Photoshop® PSD document in Dreamweaver to create an image Smart Object tightly linked to the source file. Make changes to the source image, and update your image in Dreamweaver without opening Photoshop.

Subversion integration. Update your site and check in modifications directly from within Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver CS4 integrates with Subversion® software, an open source versioning control system, for a more robust check-in/check-out experience.

Adobe AIR authoring support. Create HTML and JavaScript based Adobe AIR™ applications directly within Dreamweaver. Preview AIR applications without leaving Dreamweaver.

They also offer you a 30 trial as well. I would download the trial and see if you really like it before buying it at the prices below....

Price get ready for this! $399.99 and for a upgrade $199.00

web design software, HTML editor | Adobe Dreamweaver CS4

"Always remember your special and unique!"

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Can only speak for Dreamweaver....it is a nice program, as with all of Adobe's products.