Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll

7 35.00%

6 30.00%

4 20.00%

1 5.00%

2 10.00%
+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safari 4.0 BETA is the most stunning web browser ever

is a discussion within the

Mac Software

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
I've had Safari for about 5 days (1 business week) now and while it took a few updates to finally get installed, it was well worth it. I got to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Post Safari 4.0 BETA is the most stunning web browser ever
    I've had Safari for about 5 days (1 business week) now and while it took a few updates to finally get installed, it was well worth it. I got to really put all of it's amazing features to the test this particular week because I have a research project due on Friday as well as many other personal projects that are web based.
    With the new history user interface being cover flow now, and being able to search through my history, making a bibliography for a report is easier and faster than ever. Now, I not only am seeing the web pages name, but also a screen shot of the page. This allows me to visually and mentally confirm that the particular site gave me that information.
    Another small but ingenious design feature is the new Tab bar. No so much the look as much as the placement and functionality. Now that it is placed at the very top of the window, The extra few pixels gives the user an even larger view of the webpage they are currently on. They still didn't compromise on functionality even when crunching the tabs bar into such a small space. The bar still features drag and drop tabs allowing you to drag all tabs into one window or create separate windows for each. They also still allow users to re-arrange their tabs in whatever order via the tab bar.
    The new Safari is a huge step up. Though not many features were added, it still is the web browser that changes the way you think about the internet.**

Recently Added:
    Recently I went to play an online game, "RuneScape" in Safari 4.0. However, Safari was not able to correctly load the HD version of the game! It loaded it at a higher resolution than the browser window which made it impossible to play. So, if you want to try in browser gaming with this browser, be aware of this minor problem because it's keepin' me in standard definition for a while.

** I may not have reviewed some new features yet because I haven't had the browser all that long. A new post or an addition to this post will be added if needed.

Reply with your review or things I should review in the future!
    Last edited by thurbs190; 03-05-2009 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Added "Gaming (Graphics) Problem" to review

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Maybe, if Opera did not exist...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Opera is good but when it comes to pure speed on the mac nothing runs faster than Safari 4.0beta. Most other browser just have more features.

Thanks

I think on a Mac, it probably is the best browser. But... as soon as chrome comes out... it is dead in the water. Both of the browsers have similar aims - speed and simplicity, but chrome handles both a lot better.

They have just got a recent build to run on OSX as well

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So thurbs, do you work for Apple (?), or does the new safari just happen to blend in with what you do with your computer ?
    I really (REALLY) don't like the latest update ! I want to see my bookmarks .... I surf, that's what I do. That's why I bought a computer, period. I have a LOT of bookmarks, and Mac just made it very difficult for me to scan them. I already know what the web sites look like & my favorites, thank you.

Thanks
    I give it a 4. Safari is based of Webkit, and webkit by it's self is a screamer, like were talking pages loading in .1 seconds here folks. Apple has managed to add tons of features to the base (webkit) like bookmarks, top sites, history, etc, and still maintain a fast page load time, which I think is pretty amazing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no i do not work for Apple, i just really love the update.
    Thurbs190

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

I swear the beta ran better for me than the release

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    I swear the beta ran better for me than the release
    My guess is that adding new features to webkit wears it down and decreases performance.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Bring back the blue progress bar!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't see where Safari 4.0 is all that fast. Firefox 3.5 is still faster for me.

Thanks
    Ew. Firefox all the way
    Him Herself was here. No, wait...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Thanks

Safari is the best for me.

MacBook Pro 15" Core i7|4GB|500GB|HiRes
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB