+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhoto '09 Issues

is a discussion within the

Mac Software

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
As a recent Mac adopter, i was amazed how bad programs like iPhoto were. Amongst things I was surprised by....iPhoto doesn't scan your hard drive for new photos (like Picasa
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default iPhoto '09 Issues
    As a recent Mac adopter, i was amazed how bad programs like iPhoto were. Amongst things I was surprised by....iPhoto doesn't scan your hard drive for new photos (like Picasa does), if you import a folder that you already an 'event' for....(just to add additional pictures you have acquired)..it creates another event and then you have to merge them together (instead of iPhoto just combining the two.)

I have two questions about iPhoto. One, i have been trying to free up some hard drive space on my MacBook Pro and found that iPhoto is using up 15gb. While most of my photos I have on my computer elsewhere, I have imported some photos from my camera with iPhoto. I want to delete that 15 gb iPhoto library, but I am afraid that i don't have the photos that I imported somewhere else on my hard drive. However, I do not remember which ones I imported with iPhoto. I just want to delete the duplicates and not the originals. Is there an easy way to find this out?

Also, I have also put all the geotags on most of my photos and didn't want to lose this info. It seems iPhoto does NOT save the geotags in the exif of the photos (unless you export all of them.) Is there a way to get it to do this that I don't know about? thanks!

Thanks

i restored my new macbook after just a month and didn't put iphoto back in. ppl i know agree: iphoto = waste of space. (sorry, don't hav ansr to ur q).