+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help Burning My Movies To DVD On A Mac........

is a discussion within the

Mac Software

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
Whats up fellas..im new to the mac. I need major help on burning movies to dvd. I know how to burn dvds to my mac and change them to any
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Unhappy Need Help Burning My Movies To DVD On A Mac........
    Whats up fellas..im new to the mac. I need major help on burning movies to dvd. I know how to burn dvds to my mac and change them to any file i want. My problem is i dont know what program to use/download to copy my mp4 movies to a dvd so i can watch it on tv. I tried a few burners but dont know what i am doing. I tried to burn a mp4 movie on dvd and it burned the movie file but it would not play in my dvd and when i put the dvd in my mac it shows up on desktop whith the file in it. i click on file thats in dvd and it plays. I want it to play in my dvd player like a regular movie or have the option to pick the movie so it plays in my dvd player. PLEASE HELP ME.....I KNOW IM DOING SOMETHING WRONG...HELP PLEASE..

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,270 Times in 652 Posts

I use toast

what have you downloaded and tried with?

Thanks

I just did this this process for the first time over the weekend. My son purchased a movie in iTunes that he wanted to watch on the big screen. Converting the file was one issue but i discovered burning it was still another.

What I ended up needing to do was to update the codecs installed on my mac. The movie required divx. I also has to make sure the AC3 audio codec was installed as well. Once I had the appropriate codecs installed i used iDVD which is part of the Apple iLife suite. The problem with iDVD is that it is as slow as molasses. The burn took over 3 hours. I didnt feel like investing in Toast yet. I would have done this on my windows box, but my laptop doesnmt burn DVD's and my desktop was being used by other family members.

The DVD worked great though.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Thanks

ok i think you guys answered one of my problems. i have to change my movie file from a mp4 to ?...??? When i use(ed)dvdripper.idvd,i forgot the other one and try to burn the mp4 movie to my disk it does not play as a normal dvd but when i put it in my mac the cd shows on my desktop and when i click it to open then i see mp4 movie in the cd. the cd will not play in my dvd player tho. So what bhz1 is saying is to change my movie file to a file where i can burn and watch on my tv.??? Where do i look to change this stuff on the mac or where do i go to check??????
    PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT......My last option is to go to the mac store and get some help but dont want to really paying them to help me..

Thanks

you can use toast titanium and choose dvd-video option and just drag and drop the file you want to burn... it will encode it to the proper .vob dvd-format to play on a dvd player.... very nice... but i believe it costs $.... well it also doesn't cost $ if you search in the right places.... BUT THATS ILLEGAL!

My bro just showed this to me over the weekend... encoded and burnt the movie, encoding took about the length of the movie runtime, and burning only took 6 min.....

although i do have to put in a disclaimer, while we were watching the .avi converted to dvd movie..... it seemed to freeze for a second from time to time..... about half way through the movie it got worse..... dont know what that was all about... .but maybe it was the original avi encoded format...

worth a try though

best free converter for mac is called ffmpegX...... FREE! HORAY converts anything and everthing
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

Thanks

You need to convert to .avi

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Thanks

OK thaks guys for your help. i am going to give this a shot this week and i will get back to you on how it all went. Thanks again. If i run into any problems i will post.

Thanks

did you try handbrake?

Thanks

I would like to add that after creating the image (DMG), if you have VLC you can play that video file on your Mac without the disk and copy that DMG file whenever you want.