Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Mac Softwareforums, a part of the
someone was asking for a guide for sshing with a mac so here it is: 1. you need a jailbroken ipod or iphone with any firmware and wifi 2. go...
09-13-2008, 10:47 AM #1
guide: ssh on a mac with cyberduck
someone was asking for a guide for sshing with a mac so here it is:
1. you need a jailbroken ipod or iphone with any firmware and wifi
2. go into cydia or installer and download "openssh"
3. then download and install cyberduck link
4. open settings on you device and go to general>wifi>click the blue arrow next to the network your connected to
5. write your IP address or if you have faith in your memory remember it
6. open cyberduck and click new connection and enter this
server: your IP address
in more options path: /
7. then connect!
8. wait a couple seconds and it should work
Last edited by specialsyco; 09-13-2008 at 02:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to specialsyco For This Useful Post:
01-05-2010, 12:25 AM #2
in userame you say to put in root and password alpine. i got mobile terminal and changed my password. also mine's says su root, not root. does that make any sense???? i have openssh, open ssl, & afc2 add. i still can't get thru. i KNOW I'M doin' something WRONG (new to all this) but i can't figure it out watched several youtube videos but still stuck can someone help me out... THANKS in advance for trying to help me out!!!!!!!!
06-12-2011, 11:18 PM #3
Had big problems connecting with cyberduck on iphone 4. Tried any configuration under the sun, so downloaded Fugu, turned WPA security off and hey presto I'm in !! (iPhone4 - Greenpois0n 4.3.2) , used port 22
OK here's the deal folks, turn of all security on router, connect Cyberduck/Fugu (both in turn if you've got them) - bookmark connection and Quit. Put security back on router - all works brilliantly . I have now tried this 3 times; computer on/off etc-seems to stick
02-08-2013, 03:59 AM #4
doesnt work 90% of the time
works if i reboot iphone which makes me think ita an openssh problem rather than cyberduck
transmit is the same sometime connects most times it wont