+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stop iTunes 7.7.1 From Backing Up (Mac)

is a discussion within the

Mac Software

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Stop iTunes 7.7.1 From Backing Up (Mac)
    I get tired of itunes wanting to backup all of the time. I needed to get control of this issue because I only wanted to backup when I wanted to. And I learned that when I hit the X when it tried to my backup would be corrupted. So I started to use this program to stop the process before it corrupted my backup.

While you could already disable backups completly using DisableBackup 1.0 (or the some terminal commands) and iTunes 7.7, the updated iTunes 7.7.1 includes more hidden options to configure the behavior of the iTunes Backup proccess. With iTunes 7.7.1 a hidden option was introduced to disable only automatic backups. Using the context menu for your device (as shown in the screenshot)

manual backups can still be forced at any time. This is for sure a better option than the “disable backups completly option” available in Tunes 7.7. My small helper app DisableBackup has been updated to use this new 7.7.1 feature. You can download version 2.0 of DisableBackup by clicking the link below.

DisableBackup 2.0 for iTunes 7.7.1: Force a manual backup in iTunes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I decided to try this. I DL'ed it, started the program, restarted itunes, and ........... it synced and is backing my phone up now....... *smacks head*
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s