Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do You Run Windows On Your Mac? VMWare VS Parallas!

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Default Do You Run Windows On Your Mac? VMWare VS Parallas!
    I need to run windows on my Macs once and away and I will probably never be able to completely get away from it. How about you?

I own both VMWare and Parallas... I had to much crashing with Parallas and found that I liked VMWare much better.

If you have tried one or another please post your experiences, likes or dislikes.

Myself I vote for VMWare.......

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

I had VMWare and XP on my Macbook Pro for about 2 weeks....Didn't need anything from PC...therefore, they were off, gone from my MAC.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've been a VMWare Fusion user for the last year or so and it has run Vista on my macbook pro quite well. However, last week, I decided to give the new version of Parallels a shot. I'm loving it. Granted, I've "downgraded" to XP for the Parallels machine, but it runs like it is native. I couldn't be happier with it to fun the few apps that I just can't live without.

On a side note, I would recommend that you install your windows OS through bootcamp, then use Parallels or VMWare to run your bootcamp partition. This way, if you need to run windows natively, you have that option. You can't go the other way.

Both are great apps, Parallels gets the nod from me!