+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Shows Off What's New Ahead of Apple Announcement

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Samsung Shows Off What's New Ahead of Apple Announcement

On Wednesday, Samsung lifted the curtain and rolled out the red carpet for several new products -- the Galaxy Note 4, Curved Screen Galaxy Note Edge, Gear S and Virtual Reality Headset Gear VR.

The South Korean tech giant showed off its four newest products at Europe’s tech conference in Berlin, IFA.

Samsung is hoping the announcement, which comes one week ahead of Apple's anticipated iPhone 6 and iWatch unveiling, will steal some of Apple's thunder and curb the market momentum Apple's is already starting to enjoy.

The big standout today is the Galaxy Note 4, which packs a large 5.7-inch, 2,560-by-1,440-pixel Super AMOLED display, nicely complementing its brand spankin' new 16MP camera.

"The new Galaxy Note 4 introduces the most refined Note experience to-date by combining all the latest technology that users expect from the Galaxy series," says Samsung's JK Shin in a statement issued to the media.

All the specs on the devices are available from Samsung here.

DJ Lee, head of sales and marketing in the mobile communications division of Samsung Electronics, says these devices represent just the tip of the innovation iceberg for the company, which promises to "never slow down" as a mobile tech innovator.

Samsung will be afforded an opportunity to soak up the mobile tech spotlight for a few more days until Apple's September 9th media event, where it will be Apple's turn to show off what's next in mobile.

Source: Samsung

Thanks

Default Samsung Shows Off What's New Ahead of Apple Announcement
    Is it even possible to discern the new resolution or is that just something they were obliged in order to stalemate another battle in the latest incarnation of Android's irrational spec war?
    Last edited by Zokunei; 09-03-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Is it even possible to discern the new resolution or is that just something they were obliged in order to stalemate another battle in the latest incarnation of Android's irrational spec war?
    I love it when iSheep say that screen resolution no longer matters. When the iPhone 4 touted "retina displays", the iSheep drooled like starving pups...

Fast forward to 2014...with no 1080p iPhone to even hit the market...suddenly pixle density and screen res no longer matter.

You poor sheep.

Look upon the Note 4 and its 500+ ppi and learn that iPhones are just trash.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    I love it when iSheep say that screen resolution no longer matters. When the iPhone 4 touted "retina displays", the iSheep drooled like starving pups...

Fast forward to 2014...with no 1080p iPhone to even hit the market...suddenly pixle density and screen res no longer matter.

You poor sheep.

I agree that the iPhone should have higher pixel density, but I think there comes a point where it's unnecessary too.

My iPhone is a Part of Me NSXrebel's Avatar
    Thanks

You poor sheep.

This guy sounds like he's mad Steve Jobs fncked his mom or pissed in his wheaties. Bitter much? lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NSXrebel For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (09-03-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got the LG G3 to play with, its definitely crisp but to me I can't notice the difference between it and the HTC one m8 (1080p). Only thing I can see is the screen is a lot darker.

So I say its just an irrational spec. But its really up to opinion I guess.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to okitsugu For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (09-03-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

The problem is that the average person isn't going to go research the human eye/ppi limit, so when they hear "omg 1214314ppi 9999p QHDSUPERLED display", they think oh that's better than Apple etc etc etc.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gldoorii View Post
    The problem is that the average person isn't going to go research the human eye/ppi limit, so when they hear "omg 1214314ppi 9999p QHDSUPERLED display", they think oh that's better than Apple etc etc etc.
    The problem the average person, American, doesn't research anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,186 Times in 979 Posts

Just watched a video for the Note Edge; that is pretty freakin cool!!!

I'd almost consider that over an ip6!!! WHAT?!?!

http://youtu.be/8v89KUfdkRI
    Last edited by thazsar; 09-03-2014 at 09:27 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Just watched a video for the Note Edge; that is pretty freakin cool!!!

I'd almost consider that over an ip6!!! WHAT?!?!

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge hands on - YouTube
    I just watched it too, what a fncking horrible presentation, especially the woman and her lame attempts at humor.

Interesting design on the Note Edge for sure.

The Gear S smart watch definitely looks improved from the POS they introduced last year.

The lamest part of the presentation to me, was that VR contraption that you slide your phone into. Anyone else think THAT's a gimmick??

Oh well, I just my iPhone 6, roll on next week already!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    This guy sounds like he's mad Steve Jobs fncked his mom or pissed in his wheaties. Bitter much? lol
    Not bitter...just vindicated.

I am glad that I get to watch iSheep eat their words...and eat the commandments from Crapple HQ, who tells their customers what they want and need.

Thanks

Not bitter...just vindicated.

I am glad that I get to watch iSheep eat their words...and eat the commandments from Crapple HQ, who tells their customers what they want and need.
    You are just a troll account, actually. Literally all of your posts contain "Crapple" or "iSheep." Ban hammer time IMO.

Thanks

You are just a troll account, actually. Literally all of your posts contain "Crapple" or "iSheep." Ban hammer time IMO.
    I agree. I mean, yeah, it's fine if you don't like Apple products/services, but if all you're here for is to troll and not contribute anything, then just gtfo.

Just look up a couple posts, my criticism of the Samsung presentation. Android is not for me, not because I'm not tech savvy or know my way around operating systems. I grew up building my own computers and was tinkering with my phones way before iOS or Android came around. iOS is my preference, simple as that, but I don't go trolling Android forums because I don't like it. And yes, you are BITTER.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NSXrebel For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (09-04-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You don't date many girls huh? Ppi density is dumb it wastes waay too much battery and it's not like I need a 4k phone at this moment with no content