Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Parallels Desktop 10 Now Available for All New and Existing Customers

Default Parallels Desktop 10 Now Available for All New and Existing Customers

About a week ago, Parallels allowed existing users of its Parallels Desktop 8 and 9 software to upgrade to Parallels 10 Desktop early for a discounted price. Starting today, Tuesday, August 26th, all who want to download Parallels Desktop 10 now have the ability to at full price, whether they're new users, or existing users.

The upgrade price for existing users was $49.99, but those who don't run an older version of Parallels desktop yet and want to run the software on their Mac(s) for the first time will have to pony up $79.99. A 14-day free trial is also available from the application's Web site.

Parallels Desktop 10 offers numerous improvements over its predecessor. These include support for the upcoming OS X 10.10 Yosemite, which Apple will be releasing to the public some time this Fall, up to 48% faster opening of Windows documents, 30% longer battery life, a new Disk Space Wizard that can help re-claim disk space when you need it, and much more.

To grab Parallels Desktop 10, you can use any of the following download sites to fit your needs:

Sources: Parallels 10 Desktop

Will this work on Yosemite beta?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yes but its kind of expensive for an upgrade, especially if we bought it last year...

Yes, this is it for me and my long run of parallels. Already switched to VMWare Fusion. I am just tired of the $50+ annual upgrade for not much improvements!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcrx7 View Post
    Yes, this is it for me and my long run of parallels. Already switched to VMWare Fusion. I am just tired of the $50+ annual upgrade for not much improvements!
    +1. Pretty ridiculous to have to pay $50 a year for what pretty much just sums up to it being compatible with the latest OSX.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    Will this work on Yosemite beta?

Let me buy it first and install it on my Yosemite beta 6 tomorrow
    and ill put my test findings on hear later

take it easy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ProfessorJack For This Useful Post:

Sniper488 (08-26-2014)

Now looking forward to the incessant nags from Parallels to upgrade to version 11 ;-)

Upgrade price is ridiculous.

I'm running parallels 8. Do I even have the option to upgrade or do I have to buy full price? Doubt I'll get it either way, except I'm worried the next version will be subscription basis and I want the latest before that crap starts because I don do subscription software.