Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: DC-Based Law Firm Researching to Potentially Sue Apple Over 2011 MacBook Pro Issues

Thanks

Default DC-Based Law Firm Researching to Potentially Sue Apple Over 2011 MacBook Pro Issues

Lawyers from DC-based law firm, Whitfield Bryson & Mason LLP, have recently addressed a Facebook group of 2,200+ members who are complaining about 2011 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models which are experiencing failing graphics and system crashes. The attorneys are launching a survey to gather information from the affected users as the firm considers potentially filing a class action lawsuit.

The firm boasts about its experience with lawsuits against various tech companies citing particular topics such as Google Buzz privacy issues, hardware problems in the Lenovo IdeaPad, along with several more. Although it hasnít been confirmed that a class action suit will be filed against Apple, it has been made clear that the issue is a large one.

For those of you who didnít already know, the issues appear to be stemming from machines with an AMD chip that seems to be causing the issues. The Cupertino California company previously launched a replacement program for AMD graphics cards used in iMacs from a similar time period but didnít make any move regarding the MacBook Pro. Typically programs provide users with free repairs or reimbursement but since Apple hasnít tacked on a similar program for affected users, there has been quite a bit of outrage. A lawsuit is probably one of the last things Apple would want so weíll have to see if they respond to the news with any good information for affected users.

Source: SurveyMonkey, Whitfield Bryson & Mason LLP (Facebook) via MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

All lies!! Mac & OSX don't crash or have issues, according to the fanboys.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Ahh people make me a laugh.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Where do I sign up?

this exact same thing happened to me on friday and havent been able to revive it, all i get are pink and white lines then a blue or grey screen with my 17" mbp. where do i sign up