Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Court Rejects No Poaching Settlement of $324.5 Million

Thanks

Default Court Rejects No Poaching Settlement of $324.5 Million

A federal judge recently rejected a settlement proposal that was put forth by Apple, Google, Intel and Adobe. The proposal would have seen the tech giants pay a sum of $324.5 million to end a long-running class action lawsuit. This particular lawsuit accused the tech giants of agreeing to not hire each other’s’ employees, a move which caused a reduction in competition and the stagnation of wages.

The rejection of the proposal comes nearly three months after the settlement, in which each of the workers that were affected would have received between $2,000 and $8,000. Presiding Judge Lucy Koh ruled that offer wasn’t significant enough when compared to the settlement previously reached with Intuit, Lucasfilm and Pixar in the same case.
    Koh wrote the following regarding the matter:

The remaining defendants should, at a minimum, pay their fair share as compared to the settled defendants, who resolved their case with plaintiffs at a state of the litigation where defendants had much more leverage over plaintiffs.
    For those of you who didn’t know, a slew of Silicon Valley employees filed a suit against Apple and several other tech giants in 2011 who supposedly illegally agreed to not hire each other’s employees, effectively reducing competition and causing wages to stagnate. Among the various pieces of evidence submitted in the employees’ favor was an email from late CEO, Steve Jobs, to Google cofounder Sergey Brin in which Jobs threatened “war” against Google over the company hiring Apple engineers.

If the suit was to continue to trial, the plaintiffs could stand to win roughly $3 billion. A similar lawsuit was brought against the same tech giants by the US Department of Justice and settled back in 2010. We’ll have to wait and see what comes of the current situation by being patient.

Source: Bloomberg

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

This is really a dumb lawsuit these folks took the jobs at their own free will hell I would leave a company and got to another one if the I was offered more money I have a family to support and bills to pay it is a no brainer Jobs did not put a gun to their head and force them to come to Apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    This is really a dumb lawsuit these folks took the jobs at their own free will hell I would leave a company and got to another one if the I was offered more money I have a family to support and bills to pay it is a no brainer Jobs did not put a gun to their head and force them to come to Apple.
    Did you even read the article? Seems like you missed the point.