Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recently Discovered Photo Claims Refreshed 15-Inch Retina MacBook Pros Imminent

Thanks

Default Recently Discovered Photo Claims Refreshed 15-Inch Retina MacBook Pros Imminent

According to a photo which has reportedly surfaced in the Apple retail store in Chongqing, China, Apple may be planning to launch a refreshed line of 15-inch Retina MacBook Pros. The refreshed lineup is said to come with faster Haswell processors and a standard 16 GB of RAM. The pricing chart highlights three standard configurations of the new models, priced at 14,288 yuan, 18,688 yuan and 23,688 yuan. For those of you who didnít already know, these prices are in line with current pricing for the Cupertino California companyís 15-inch notebook line in China.

The 14,288 yuan configuration comes with the faster Intel Core i7 2.2 GHz processor and 16 GB of RAM, compared to the current 2.0 GHz Intel Core i7 and 8 GB of RAM model. The 18,688 yuan model configuration comes with a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 processor and the same 16 GB of RAM, compared to the current 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 processor and 16 GB of RAM. The graphic cards in each model remain the same with the Intel Iris Pro graphics found in the cheaper model and the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M found in the more expensive model. The 23,688 yuan configuration on the other hand boasts a whopping 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 16 GB of RAM, 1 TB of flash storage and Intelís Iris Pro graphics alongside an NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M.

The picture of the chart appears to have surfaced just one week after Intel announced the launch of its new line of Core i7 Haswell processors. We had a hunch that we would be seeing an updated 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro lineup in the near future and this image seems to fall in line with our guess. That being said, it is very likely that we will also be seeing an update for Appleís 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro lineup as well considering Intel also launched a new lineup of Core i5 Haswell processors. If the picture is real, this chart indicates that Apple would keep the pricing for the 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro lineup the same, a move which isnít consistent with the MacBook Air lineup whose offerings included an additional lower-priced model this year. That being said, there is a rumor afloat that claims Apple may be preparing a 12-inch Retina MacBook Pro as well this year so that is something weíll have to wait for more concrete evidence on.

Were any of you hoping to see a cheaper model in the lineup? Are any of you going to be purchasing one of the newer models upon its release? Share thoughts and comments below!

Source: BBS Feng via Google Translate

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

i need to update my '06 MB Pro... however think I'll wait it out another year for the Broadwell chip.