+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Amazon Launches 'Prime Music'

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Giving Apple yet another competitive service to sweat over, Amazon on Thursday lifted the curtain on "Prime Music." Closely resembling and fusing quality elements of free services like Pandora and
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Amazon Launches 'Prime Music'

Giving Apple yet another competitive service to sweat over, Amazon on Thursday lifted the curtain on "Prime Music."

Closely resembling and fusing quality elements of free services like Pandora and paid subscription alternatives like Beats Music (now owned by Apple), Amazon's Prime Music steps up to the plate as a pretty robust offering with a host of distinct merits.

Prime Music, Amazon says, delivers to listeners access to over one million songs, hundreds of playlists, unlimited listening, and no ads.

It's free with Amazon Prime.

We're told that it's available automatically on Kindle Fire HD/HDX. Customers can also download the latest Amazon Music app for iOS or Android.

An impressive offering, Prime Music includes tens of thousands of albums from top artists with more music "being added all the time."

Prime members are given an opportunity to specifically choose which songs and albums to listen to, or they can stream any number of "expert-programmed Prime Playlists," of which there are hundreds. For many users, it will be a terrific test of just how good Amazon’s personalized recommendations truly are.

Jeff Bezos, Amazon's founder and CEO says Prime Music "is the latest great addition for Prime members and we think they’re going to love it.”

To check it out for yourself, click here.

Source: Amazon

Thanks

What steaming service do you use and why? Are they not all pretty much the same?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    What steaming service do you use and why? Are they not all pretty much the same?
    This one actually lets you choose a song or album to listen to. It's not just ad-free radio.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm an Amazon Prime Subscriber but I can't say I'm all that impressed with Amazon Music. I still prefer Pandora and iHeartRadio.