+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: iWatch in Production, Launching in October

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Fresh off of this week's big reveal of iOS 8, production of Apple's new and refreshed products is purportedly picking up steam. And based on new reports coming to light
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Report: iWatch in Production, Launching in October

Fresh off of this week's big reveal of iOS 8, production of Apple's new and refreshed products is purportedly picking up steam.

And based on new reports coming to light on Friday, the long-awaited iWatch is on the list of gadgets in line to launch this fall in a move that could dramatically reshape the smartwatch hardware landscape.

Since the unveiling of HealthKit on Monday, the writing has been on the wall that Apple is making mHealth a higher priority.

"According to a parts manufacturer, it [Apple] plans monthly commercial output of about 3-5 million units, which exceeds the total global sales of watch-like devices last year," Nikkei reported Friday, adding that plans are in place for an October launch for iWatch.

The challenge for Apple, however, isn't to merely compete in the fast-growing world of wearables, but to contribute meaningfully to the product category and elevate the quality of available devices. According to no shortage of tech industry analysts and fitness proponents, Apple must build upon the progress made by Samsung earlier this year when the Galaxy Gear 2 was launched and began not only tracking but also treating common consumer health problems (Gear 2, for example, integrated Sleep Genius, the world's most advanced sleep program, into the smartwatch, helping users effectively combat sleep deprivation).

The question now is whether Apple can do the same. In the war for wearables dominance, the ultimate winner will be the maker of products that track as well as treat. If the iWatch is merely a catch-all for apps that count calories and track how many hours of sleep a user is averaging, iWatch may dramatically miss the mark. And with so many critics saying Apple has forgotten how to innovate, Apple can't afford to watch the wearables market march right past a disappointing iWatch.

Source: Nikkei

Thanks

3 more months of speculation and rumors...yay. Its going to have to be a game changer for me to even show it interest. The current smart watch market doesn't even raise a brow.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The only reason I did not end up getting a Pebble yet is to see what Apple has in stores. Let's hope its worth it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sabrefresco View Post
    The only reason I did not end up getting a Pebble yet is to see what Apple has in stores. Let's hope its worth it.

I sold my pebble a month ago. Loved it but it got scratched up from putting my arm in the stupid mailbox lol it was horrible. And i got decent money from it. Its cheaper to buy a new one than what mine went for lol. But i sold it to see what the apple watch will be like, if it doesnt look good then i'll buy a new pebble.

Thanks

I am doing the same thing @bigboyz and hopefully Apple iWatch is much better than the rest of the competition and I also have been with iPhone since day one and just recently purchase my MacBook Pro Retina Display and it is amazing. I fall in love with it right away!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    3 more months of speculation and rumors...yay. Its going to have to be a game changer for me to even show it interest. The current smart watch market doesn't even raise a brow.
    Agreed. No one has put out a watch that's worth looking at. Apple would really need to come out with something incredible.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What I dont want is a watch that loos like a mini computer. I want something classy not gawdy. I much prefer the watch concept designed here by Gábor Balogh...
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/Smar...ncept/14929833

Now if that was an iWatch I would definitely fork out cash for it. If it looks like the image at the start of the article....I'd definitely pass on it with no interest.