Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS X Yosemite Public Beta Limited to the First Million Registered Users

Thanks

Default OS X Yosemite Public Beta Limited to the First Million Registered Users

Earlier today, Apple was unveiling OS X Yosemite for the first time at the Worldwide Developers Conference, software chief Craig Federighi announced that there would be a public open beta for the new operating system ahead of its launch this fall. The public has discovered an AppleSeed sign up page for the program, with Apple noting that the program is open to the first one million users who register. The page mentions the following:

How can I participate?

To join the OS X Beta Program, just sign up using your Apple ID. When the beta software is ready, you’ll receive a redemption code that will allow you to download and install OS X Yosemite Beta from the Mac App Store. Then go ahead and start using it. When you come across an issue that needs addressing, report it directly to Apple with the built-in Feedback Assistant application.
    It should be noted that users will also need to be running OS X Mavericks and Apple recommends that the OS X Yosemite beta be installed on a secondary Mac in the event of possible bugs and errors. OS X Yosemite includes a brand new user interface design alongside major new features focusing on seamless integration between Mac and iOS devices. The new operating system also includes a new cloud storage solution called iCloud Drive as well as the ability to make phone calls and texts through an iPhone.

Are any of you going to try to get access to the OS X Yosemite beta?

Source: AppleSeed

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks for the tip, just signed up, hopefully I made it in before the million!!!

just signed up, it looks stark and as nasty just like iOS 7. Where have all the good designers gone
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Ugh, just noticed all of the good features won't be working...

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    Ugh, just noticed all of the good features won't be working...
    Yeah... nice 5GB download yesterday.. Definitely a beta build, UI still kind of laggy. No dark mode, translucent doe snot appear to be applied across the board, however some apps tend to have this feel. Maybe im crazy. Was looking forward to the iOS8 message integration for non-apple devices, but overall looks slick!

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    just signed up, it looks stark and as nasty just like iOS 7. Where have all the good designers gone
    Don't like it then don't upgrade to it. Simple as that.

Don't know if I like it till I try it

Edit: saying I don't like the starkness and liking the OS is two different things
    Last edited by dsg; 06-03-2014 at 04:21 PM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

When will they give this beta out for the public?