+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Early Next Year, a Feature-filled Photos App is Coming to OS X Yosemite

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
At WWDC 2014, Apple began showing off a new Photos application for OS X Yosemite that would keep all of your iCloud-stored photos in sync between your iOS devices and
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default Early Next Year, a Feature-filled Photos App is Coming to OS X Yosemite

At WWDC 2014, Apple began showing off a new Photos application for OS X Yosemite that would keep all of your iCloud-stored photos in sync between your iOS devices and Mac.

The new Photos application for OS X Yosemite will come with many features for editing and viewing photos. The photo editing features are extensive, allowing you to make pinpoint adjustments to photographs including adjustments to Exposure, Highlights, Shadows, Brightness, Contrast, Blacks, Saturation, Contrast, and much more.

Many of these editing features will also be added to the Photos application in iOS 8 for all iOS devices that support it.

No matter how many photos you might have stored in iCloud, Apple promises that the application will bring butter-smooth scrolling through all of your photographs.

Photos for OS X Yosemite won't ship with the operating system this Fall, but it will be made available sometime early next year.

My iPhone is a Part of Me NSXrebel's Avatar
    Thanks

so is Photos replacing iPhoto? Not that I use/have iPhoto installed, but there was no mention of Aperture. I hope, and I'm sure they will still have integration with Aperture, but there was no mention of it.

I believe they said Photos would be out early next year, if I'm not mistaken.