Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre to Reportedly Take on Senior Roles at Apple

Thanks

Default Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre to Reportedly Take on Senior Roles at Apple

Beats co-founders, Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre, are said to be taking on senior roles at Apple, following the acquisition of Beats Electronics according to reports from The Wall Street Journal. According to people familiar with the matter, Iovine’s and Dre’s exact contributions to Apple remain unclear but sources suggest their presence could be used to both improve negotiations with music labels and attract a younger, more affluent clientele that tends to purchase Beats’ high-end headphones.

Iovine will allegedly be leaving his position as Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M records, a division of Vivendi SA’s Universal Music Group, which also will benefit from an Apple acquisition. The following was mentioned regarding the matter:

Assuming Apple seals the deal to buy Beats, Mr. Iovine will leave his longtime post as chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M records, a division of Vivendi SA’s Universal Music Group, according to a person familiar with the matter, though it isn’t clear how soon he would depart. Universal, which owns a 14% stake in Beats and would reap roughly $500 million from a $3.2 billion acquisition, is likely to let Mr. Iovine split before his contract expires early next year.
    For those of you who didn’t already know, Beats Electronics is a high-profile luxury brand with its popular line of Beats by Dr. Dre headphones as well as the recently launched Beats Music streaming service. The acquisition may provide Apple with an established high-margin headphone business and could bolster the company’s presence in the music streaming space.

Beats Electronics is one of several high-profile hires from industries outside of technology. Most recently, Apple hired Angela Ahrendts away from her role as CEO of luxury designer, Burberry, placing her in charge of Apple’s retail operations. Last year, Apple also hired former Yves St. Laurent CEO Paul Deneve to work on special projects for Apple CEO Tim Cook.

Source: The Wall Street Journal

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Oh, dear gods no, please no.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pulsecub For This Useful Post:

JACK5HlT (05-11-2014)

Thanks

Beats suck. They stand for everything Apple doesn't. Cheap overpriced designer headphones. I do agree that Apple needs to partner with someone in the headphone / earphone biz becuase their "iconic" version of earphones suck too

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Beats is a high-end luxury brand for affluent people? No. The people you see wearing that junk don't even remember when Dr. Dre was relevant. What a joke. They should have bought B&O or some legitimate high end audio manufacturer, IF that's the point of this. Frankly I can't understand why these purchase was made. It doesn't serve Apple in any way I can discern. The only way this makes sense is if the purchase was absolutely necessary in order for Apple to launch a streaming service.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to politicalslug For This Useful Post:

JACK5HlT (05-11-2014)

I think they bought it for the name beats inc i never used there overpriced headphones but heard they are not worth the money

Quote Originally Posted by pulsecub View Post
    Oh, dear gods no, please no.
    Get ready...for the iDoctor

They may buy beats to take competition out of the market for iradio. They also get the contracts it has.

The beginning of the end.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol! "High end luxury brand" that's a joke right?? Beats makes crappy headphones that look stylish, that's it. To call them luxurious is ridiculous. I honestly thought that if Apple were to buy a headphone/sound company they'd have bought Bose, their sound is incredible and they make legitimate products. I hope Apple knows what they're doing with this purchase.
    Last edited by steve-z17; 05-12-2014 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Lol! "High end luxury brand" that's a joke right?? Beats makes crappy headphones that look stylish, that's it. To call the luxurious is ridiculous. I honestly thought that if Apple were to buy a headphone/sound company they'd have bought Bose, their sound is incredible and they make legitimate products. I hope Apple knows what they're doing with this purchase.
    Just what we need. apple's prices to merge with the price point of Bose.

What we'd get is premium product that would be perfect....for the 1%

I never understood Beats anyway. I always figured Dre knows as much about designing and engineering headphones as I know about building a space shuttle. All BS propaganda!

So you're really just saying that it's to attract "welfare users" to waste the tax later funded welfare on more useless s***.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    So you're really just saying that it's to attract "welfare users" to waste the tax later funded welfare on more useless s***.
    You couldn't be more right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    +100000000000000000

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2Jaze View Post
    Just what we need. apple's prices to merge with the price point of Bose.

What we'd get is premium product that would be perfect....for the 1%
    You're right it would be perfect, Apple would implement Bose into a majority of their products making them that much more desirable. If they wanted to raise the price they could, but the thing is that even if they did people would still spend the money that they have or don't have to buy their products, just like they do now.

They should merge with Klipsch or Bose, now we are talking about headphones!!!

Please no!
    Beats are terrible!!!

Way overpriced for the sound they up out just like bose or B & O
    If apple wants high end sound they should buy a company
    like senheiser or UE or even better JH Audio